Is it bad for people to have fever blisters
Yes, Fever blisters are caused by a contagious virus called herpes simplex. These are two types of herpes simplex virus. Thanks! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-bad-for-people-to-have-fever-blisters ]
More Answers to "Is it bad for people to have fever blisters"
- What are people saying about Cold sores (fever blisters)??
- There are posts in our forum about Cold sores (fever blisters). Join now and see what people are saying.
- How Long Is A Fever Blister Contagious - People
- I'm a long-time member of Al-Anon which is where I continue to recover from the effects of living with alcoholism in family members. It is where I've learned to love myself and make serenity my main goal in life, no matter what is going on....
- What causes colds sores and fever blisters (oral herpes) in the m...?
- Please let me have a moment to show you what causes cold sores in 99% of these cases. What causes cold sores? The short answer is the herpes simplex virus. About 80% of the sores are caused by herpes simplex type 1 - the rest by type 2. ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how can i get rid of fever blisters really fast???!!!!!?
- Q: i have 3 bad fever blisters on my top lip and i have to go to school tomorrow and i dont want to go with my lip looking this bad. right now im using campho-phenique cold sore and fever blister treatment to try to get rid of it but it is takin tooo long. I NEED HELP!!!
- A: Cold sores may last from 10-14 days. If the sores last longer than two weeks or occur frequently, it is advisable to see your doctor. Apply ice for five to ten minutes each hour at the start of the cold sores. This will prevent their further development. Apply a tea bag for five to ten minutes each hour at the start of the cold sores. The tannic acid in the tea has antiviral properties. This will prevent their further development. Press a warm tea bag on the cold sore for 20-30 minutes. Within five days the sores will disappear. Avoid acidic or salty foods. Foods high in arginine such as those containing chocolate, peanuts and other nuts, grains, peas, seeds, oatmeal and whole-wheat products should be reduced from the diet. Reduce intake of coffee. Taking B complex supplements with B12 vitamin and folic acid is helpful. Make the following formula and store it in a bottle.Coconut oil : 100 ml, Dettol : 2 ml, and Carbolic acid: 3 ml (available from chemical shops)Apply it on cold sores once or twice. This formula, evolved by the authors of this web site, has a 100% success rate, not only for cold sores but also for boils, minor itching at under arms, between the thighs, anus, mosquito bites, etc. You can keep this bottle for years. Apply Witch Hazel on sores. Press or rub an ice cube on the cold sore for a few minutes every ten minutes for an hour. This will lessen the size of the sore preventing the movement of the virus. Moisten your index finger and press it on powdered common salt, and then onto the sores for 30 seconds. Do it twice a day for 2-3 days. Take four acidophilus capsules three or four times a day with milk. Rub aloe juice or aloe gel on cold sores. Apply a cornstarch paste. Lemon balm extract may reduce cold sore symptoms and speed up the healing. Apply spirit of camphor on the sore. Herbal Sage, Tea Tree Oil and the herbal sedative Violet have been used as treatments for cold sores. Make a tea by adding two or three Sage leaves and a small ginger root piece or ginger powder to a cup of boiling water and steep. Drink 2-3 cups a day. End Cold Sore In 3 Days
- I have a really bad fever blister on my lip and its very swollen. Anyone know how to make the swelling go down
- Q: ive tried carmex, lysine, and some other weird medicine but the stupid swelling is getting worse. any suggestions?
- A: vitamin E
- I know a person who has a bad case of fever blisters on her lower lip.?
- Q: I know a person who has several fever blisters on her lower lip. The first thing that happened was her bottom lip swelled up and then shortly after that all of these fever blisters appeared. She still has two, but I told her she should go see her doctor and get some antibiotics because I know that herpes is a virus and can be treated with antibiotics. I would like your opinion?Thank you very much.
- A: Ugh, your poor friend. Once you get a fever blister (aka cold sore, Herpes Simplex), you are susceptible to getting them for the rest of your life. I started getting them when I was 12 and usually get one or two a year.I have used Zovirax and it does work better than any other medication I've ever tried, but I heard of a non-medical trick recently that actually seems to work (although it won't help once the blister is well defined, so I'm not sure how helpful this advice is for your friend's current situation). At the first little tingling (experienced cold sore victims know what I'm talking about), put an ice cube on your lip. Keep it there for as long as you can stand (15 to 20 minutes, if you can). The virus needs warmth to grow and the ice keeps the skin too cold to allow it to spread. You may need a second "dose" of ice if you still feel the tingle when your lip warms back up. I have done this on my last two potential cold sores and it may have been coincidence, but it worked both times.I'm sure medical doctors would scoff at this advice, but it doesn't cost anything to try and is definitely worth a shot. Good Luck!~Kyanna
Prev Question: What caused kidney stones
People also view