Is dandruff contagious
No, it is not contagious. Dandruff is caused by a rapid turnover of cells, so more dead cells are shed from the surface. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-dandruff-contagious ]
More Answers to "Is dandruff contagious"
- hi pitstop, I cant call it as contagious but it spreads if dandruff comes in contact with your hair. I mean if You use the peron's comb who has dandruff then you can slo get dandruff also by sharing the pillows as well as the same towels an...
- Of cource not. Dandruff is not like lice everyone has it it just depends on how visible yours is so tell your friend she is too over zelous of herslef tell her dont blame others if she is not sure n she better have proof to back that accusa...
- Geena, thank you for your question. Visit hairsavers.net to learn more about scalp and hair problems. If you live in the USA, call me at 1-800-442-4710. Dandruff is generally not contagious. Itchy scalps are caused by a diet that is too aci...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is dandruff contagious, but scalp(facial), psoriasis isnt?
- Q: I heard scalp psoriasis isnt contagious; but hereditary. I woudnt think it is, otherwise a lot more ppl would have it, just like many have dandruff. I just wanted to add to my knowledge. Please be nice, n informative, thank you.I heard dandruff is contagious because it falls off on towels n when someone without it uses a towel of one with it, then the one wiithout gets it, right?
- A: Psoriasis may be hereditary, no one really knows what causes it. If you're talking about plaque psoriasis, which is what I'd assume, the cells grow 20 times faster than regular skin cells, causing the buildup on top of your skin. Gross, I know, I've dealt with it for 7 years. No form of psoriasis is contagious though :)Dandruff isn't contagious as far as I know, it's a lack of care for your scalp.
- Is the waxy kind of dandruff contagious?
- Q: How do you get it? How do you get rid of it?
- A: Waxy dandruff is sometimes caused by the conditioner you use. There is actually parafin wax in some.A clarifying shampoo can help, but a little hot oil treatment with a brush to srub the affected area works too. Of course your washing your hair for about an hour after.Try changing your conditioner.
- Is dandruff contagious?
- Q: I know that this question is retarded, but there's drama behind it.There are 3 girls: Nathalie, Emily, and Rachelle. Rachelle tells Nathalie that Emily has dandruff. She says that she (supposedly) got dandruff from her.Nathalie happens to believe her and hates her for that. Or she's just afraid to get dandruff...(idk one of the two but anyways)I know how to stop the fight, and I know that this doesn't make any sense at all. But I'm just asking is dandruff contagious?? I need backups to tell her Rachelle got the dandruff on her own.
- A: Of cource not. Dandruff is not like liceeveryone has itit just depends on how visible yours isso tell your friendshe is too over zelous of hersleftell her dont blame others if she is not sure n she better have proof to back that accusation
Prev Question: What is the best way to kill a person
People also view