If your tonsils are out can you still get strep throat
You can have strep throat even if you've had your tonsils out. The streptococcus germ needs to be treated with antibiotics. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/if-your-tonsils-are-out-can-you-still-get-strep-throat ]
More Answers to "If your tonsils are out can you still get strep throat"
- Can you still get strep throat even though you don't have tonsils...?
- yes, strep is a germ of the lining of the throat not just the tonsil part. Joymaker RN
- Can you still get strep throat if you have your tonsils removed??
- Yup completely different illnesses. Strep throat has absolutely nothing to do with tonsils, its a bacteria. You should see your doctor. If they think it is strep you will get an antibiotic. If they think it is a virus there is nothing you c...
- Can I still get strep throat without tonsils??
- No it isnt true. You CAN get strep throat if your tonsils are out. Reason why is strep throat is a bacterial infection involving your pharynx (IE your throat!) not necessarily your tonsils themselves! If you have strep, make sure you get pr...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it possible to still get strep throat with your tonsils out?
- Q: thanksI dont have strep throat
- A: Oh yes it is very possible. The tonsils are the first line of defense against disease. They are made of lymph tissue, which is packed full of immune system cells. Having had your tonsils out lowers your immunity for life.
- If you get your tonsils taken out, will that stop you from getting strep throat?
- Q: When i was little i got strep throat alot and my doctor said that i might need to get my tonsils taken out. I have strep throat now and i just hate it. Please help with any answers and any thing that would make me feel better. Thanx:)
- A: Get them taken out, yes it will cut down on the infections as you won't have them to get infected. Liquid Tylenol taste like crap and burns but will help with the pain, cholraseptic logenzes too. Some people like warm things but I always liked ice. I know it hurts but you need to keep swallowing because it keeps the tonsils moist and helps wash away germs. so sorry your sick, feel better soon. good luck.
- Can you still get strep throat if you have your tonsils removed?
- Q: I had my tonsils removed when I was little, but my throat is hurtin really bad. Can I still get strep throat?
- A: Yup completely different illnesses. Strep throat has absolutely nothing to do with tonsils, its a bacteria. You should see your doctor. If they think it is strep you will get an antibiotic. If they think it is a virus there is nothing you can do but wait. Try gargling with a little salt water and take a Tylenol. Do not take aspirin in case you have a cold or flu as you could get something called Rhys syndrome.
Prev Question: What are symptoms of chrones disease
People also view