How to get rid of poison ivy
After washing, apply soothing lotions such as calamine directly to the poison ivy rash. This will keep you from spreading the rash [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-to-get-rid-of-poison-ivy ]
More Answers to "How to get rid of poison ivy"
- ･ 1 The safest way to kill poison ivy is with a systemic herbicide that contains triclopyr. It may take... ･ 2 Large poison ivy vines that climb up a tree or building should be cut at the bottom and treated with... ･ 3 NEVER burn poison ivy...
- you put calamine lotion on it!
- You sound pretty allergic to it if it spread that fast. I have the same problem. The only way I can get rid of it is to go to the doctor and ask for a Z-Pack. It's a mild steroid that will clear it up in a week. There is another way. If you...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the fastest way to get rid poison ivy and poison oak; and keep the rash from spreading?
- Q: Ok... i have this problem. i have this horrible poison ivy and i want it gone fast! it is on my hand and arm. and a little on my face and neck. I can't hide it and i cant get rid of it... i need a fast solution. pleast help me. :)
- A: calomine lotion...witch hazel....oatmeal bath.
- How do we get rid of poison ivy in our yard without hurting the other plants/animals around it?
- Q: My lot is partially wooded. We like all the wildlife except for obviously the poison ivy. We have a dog and a cat and several deer visit our yard throughout the year. How can we get rid of it without harsh herbicides and chemicals?
- A: Wear long sleeves and glove up. Isolate the ivy and put a plastic sheet behind it. Spray with a strong solution of glycophase(Roundup from Monsanto). Allow to dry and wait untill it yellows and dies. Bear in mind you need not spray all the plant,the product translocates throughout the plant and disrupts its ability to produce food from sunlight. This stuff is expensive,so use distilled water to make it, or at least clear, clean potable tap water to prevent contamination and preserve potency(the calcium in ground water "turns off" the product, which is why it is among the "safer"herbicides on the market). Be patient, repeat after a few weeks.
- What is the best way to get rid of Poison Ivy around animials?
- Q: My husband and I have bought a house with acreage so we wouldn't have to board our horses anymore. We are about to start putting up fencing the only problem is we have Poison Ivy everywhere... What is the best way to get rid of it that would be safe around the horses? I know about round up, and Brush B Gone but I'm worried about using harsh chemicals around the horses especially where they might graze. Does anyone have a good way to get rid of the nuisance plant w/o poisoning my horses in the process?
- A: Home made, non-toxic to mammals, Poison Ivy Killer:One gallon of vinegar.One cup salt.Slightly heat the vinegar, add salt, stir until dissolved. Put in a sprayer, and add a tsp of liquid dishsoap. Spray the green leaves. Be careful of overspray, as it will kill any plant it touches. Also don't use it near streams or lakes, as the salts are bad for the water-dwelling critters.It will take a week or two to work. And if the poison ivy has large underground roots (as it probably does if you've got a lot of it), you may have to periodically respray as you see it re-appear. But if you're persistent, and spray as soon as you see a re-emergence, it will eventually exhaust it's "food supply" in the root, and die.
Prev Question: What is std messages
People also view