How long does it take nicotine to leave the body
Medically, it's gone in 72-96 hours unless you got it from second-hand smoke. It takes longer for long term effects to subside. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-nicotine-to-leave-the-body ]
More Answers to "How long does it take nicotine to leave the body"
- How long does it take nicotine to entirely leave your body after ...?
- ･ I smoked for twenty-three years at one to three packs a day. I quit five years ago. I am just now getting ... ･ My husband and I are setting ourselves up to quit smoking and the Internist my husband goes too suggested ... ･ In 20 minutes ...
- How Long Does It Take Nicotine To Leave Your Entire Body??
- Use of nicotine in cigarettes, cigars, spit tobacco, snuffed tobacco or smokeless tobacco can be detected for 2-3 days for light users and for chronic user it take 7-14 days.
- How long does it take for nicotine to leave the body to pass an i...?
- " Nicotine is a short-acting drug that is eliminated from the body relatively quickly (i.e., within a day or so). However, the effects of nicotene withdrawals can last up to weeks after you stop smoking. Nicotene byproducts can stay in...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does nicotine take to leave your body?
- A: 3 days....that's what my doc says anyway
- How long does it take for nicotine to completely leave the body after quiting smoking?
- A: It depends what part of the body you are asking about.BRAINYour brain becomes free of nicotine within about 40 minutes of your last cigaretteURINEIf you smoke a couple cigarettes a day, then the nicotine will remain in your urine for three to four days only. If you smoke steadily and have a long history of smoking then the nicotine will show up to two weeks later, mostly just one though. If you are a heavy smoker then nicotine will stay for about twenty days in urine.BLOODBlood tests can detect even a small amount of nicotine in your body. The timeframe for nicotine being detected after consuming in blood test is much longer than the urine test. The mechanism of nicotine staying in the blood is different from that of urine. When the nicotine enters the blood system then it gets converted into cotinine. In fact blood test measures the cotinine substance in the blood. Blood test detects nicotine even in a very small amount and for a longer timeframe because our body does not clear blood through the liver as fast as urine passes out of our body.HAIRNicotine can be traced in the hair up to several years after a person's last nicotine intake. DETOXWhen the body is getting rid of the toxins then water is the best friend for fast ridding of it. Drink more water and the clearing process becomes faster in your body. This is because drinking lots of water increases the metabolism of your body and hence the ridding or the clearing of nicotine from your body speeds up. The next way of getting rid of nicotine from your body is by taking Vitamin C. In fact Vitamin C is a very good antioxidant besides helping in keeping you healthy. Taking of Vitamin C helps in metabolizing the drug and helps in quicker purge of the body. Rigorous exercise is also a good method of getting rid of nicotine from your system. Rigorous exercise helps in metabolizing and processing of all the toxins in the body. This method is also a very good way in helping to deal with any cravings that you may have.Basically if you drink lots of water, and retain from nicotine for a week or two, you should be able to pass both a urinalysis and blood test.
- how long does it take for nicotine to leave your body when you quit smoking?
- A: Nicotine doesn't really stay in your body for very long. Maybe a couple of days. Your body will get rid of it pretty quick but if you've been a regular smoker or tobacco chewer then it's the withdrawal symptoms you have to deal with.
Prev Question: Do frogs really cause warts
People also view