How long does it take for scabies to go away
Getting rid of Scabies takes about one-two weeks depending on when your lotion runs out. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-for-scabies-to-go-away ]
More Answers to "How long does it take for scabies to go away"
- How long does it take for scabies to go away?
- My puppy is about to recieve his 3rd shot for treating scabies(not sure what the shot is but it is given by the vet), but he hasn't shown any signs of getting any better! We bath him with a anti-microbial wash (2) a week and he is on an ant...
- What Does Scabies Look Like?
- Scabies is a mite infestation that affects people all over the world and knows no racial nor social boundaries. It is primarily transmitted through close physical contact such as sex or close hugging. Severe scabies infections such as crust...
- How long is scabies contagious for?
- Scabies are usually contagious about 40 days before you know you have them. They die within about 10 hours of being treated and are then no longer contagious. They don't like to live on fabric and if they can't find a human they will die of...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take for the scabies rash to go away once I've treated it with Permethrin cream?
- Q: I've already used the cream for three nights, I'm no longer itching but I still have the bumps.
- A: You should only use the cream once a week for a total of 2 weeks. Anyways, even after u have killed the parasites, it still takes time for wounds to heal. So I'm guessin that it'll get better over the days but it will be completely gone in 2-3 weeks.And by the way, it's normal for yourself to be itchy and get new bumps after treatment because the dead mites are still there. It's pretty much a scabies graveyard under your skin, which still causes reactions in ure body to make even more bumps. This all goes away in a few weeks, usually along with ure bumps, unless of course you scratch them to much.
- How long does it take to get rid of scabies? ?
- Q: After thinking it was flea bites, I was told by her doctor that it is scabies. How long after using the cream does it take to go away. I did everything as told (washing linen, clothes, and used cream) removed after 10 hours as directed. Still has mite bumps and still itches like crazy. Think some new ones might have came up since treatment as well.To all of those ppl that are talking smack, its not me, its my 3 year old daughter that caught it from another kid. Its something that you yourself can get from shaking hands with an associate! So research before you insinuate that my toddler is a filthy person! Thanks
- A: wish when people leave answer on here they would be nice about ittry to treat her again and repeat everything over again
- I was treated for scabies and I'm wondering how long it will take for the bumps to go away?
- A: The more important thing is to know you were treated adequately to kill the scabies so you are free of the infection and won't give it to others. When the actual bumps go away varies, but 2-3 weeks is usual. Most doctors use 5% permethrin cream (Elimite) over lindane due to less side effects. It's best to use it overnight, wash off in AM, then repeat in 7 days. Be sure everyone you've had close contact with is treated too, even if they don't itch. A great reference is listed below.
Prev Question: What causes bloodshot eyes
People also view