How long do stomach viruses last
Generally stomach viruses (Gastroenteritis) may last 1-2 days. On the other hand, bacterial cases can last a week or more. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-do-stomach-viruses-last ]
More Answers to "How long do stomach viruses last"
- How long does a stomach virus last for?
- I would say about a week it shouldn't go past that otherwise you should consult your doctor once again. Drink plenty of fluids specially water or gatorade. These liguids should help flush out the virus along with antibiotics. Still, if the ...
- Where do viruses come from?
- Viruses. A virus is an infectious agent, often highly host-specific, consisting of genetic material surrounded by a protein coat. Viruses infect virtually every life form, including humans, animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria...
- How long do viruses last?
- Different time frames are found referenced about the length of time viruses can remain viable on surfaces outside a living host, but for most environments it is most often quoted that they can "live" for 24 to 48 hours on nonporou...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long do stomach viruses usually last? What can I do to flush it out quicker?
- Q: So I have had a stomach virus for the last 2 days... vomiting, diarrea, stomach pains. I have my graduation in 2 days and I want to be well! How long do they usually last? What can I do to get rid of it quicker?! Help!
- A: A stomach virus can last anywhere from 1-10 days, depending on the virus. But usually it's 2-3 days. Normally, the best treatment is just letting it run it's course, but since you have graduation in 2 days maybe you should see your doctor....perhaps he can give you phenergan and an anti-diarrheal if you still have symptoms. For now, just get as much rest as you can and take it easy. Make sure you're drinking gatorade or pedialyte so you don't get dehydrated...pedialyte popsicles are great! Once you stop vomiting, slowly start eating a bland diet. Bananas, rice, crackers, chicken broth soup, etc. Keep away from anything fatty or spicy as this will make you feel worse. Hope you feel better soon. I'd suggest giving your doctor a call today and asking the nurse what she thinks...nurses are good like that.
- How long does a stomach virus usually last?
- Q: Most stomach viruses I've ever had have only lasted 3 days at the most. I've been sick for almost 6 days now. Have you ever had a stomach virus last this long?
- A: Never had one last that long sweetie! You might want to go on in and see your Dr. just to be safe! Hope you feel better-I despise being sick!!!Put you on my prayer list!Good luck!
- how long do stomach viruses usually last?
- Q: ok i feeel HORRIBLE i feel like im going to vomit! but havnt all day just had diahreer and i feel faint and feverish, its like 1pm and i woke up at 7 am like this, how much longer will it last!?
- A: That depends on how well you treat it. You really should go to the doctor if you feel that bad. Last winter, I had a stomach virus that lasted almost 2 weeks.
Prev Question: How do you get rid of bruises
People also view