How does a doctor check for staph infection
To check for a staph infection a culture usually taken by a swab that looks like a giant Q-tip is taken from the infected site. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-does-a-doctor-check-for-staph-infection ]
More Answers to "How does a doctor check for staph infection"
- How do the doctors check if you have a staph infection??
- They have to culture whatever is suspected of being infected. If it's a wound, they will swab the wound, if it's urine they suspect they will take a urine sample They would not test your blood for staph unless they had a reason to suspect...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do the doctors check if you have a staph infection?
- Q: Do they take a blood test?and do regular blood test to check for thyroids disease detect thc?as well as for staph infections?
- A: They have to culture whatever is suspected of being infected. If it's a wound, they will swab the wound, if it's urine they suspect they will take a urine sample They would not test your blood for staph unless they had a reason to suspect that it was infected, and if it was, you would most likely have symptoms.A blood test for the thyroid is only looking for thyroid hormones. It will not detect any drugs you have taken, including marijuana, nor will it look for staph infections.
- skin staph infection from doctor's office?
- Q: I went to the Doctor's office for my 6 week postpartum check up on Thursday of last week. The next evening a boil came up on my hip which I found out was a skin staph infection. I know that staph lives on your skin at all times, but is it possible I was exposed at the doctor's office? Im clueless about this so any information is appreciated. Thank-you. How long is it that staph shows when it enters your body?the same doctor's office didnt tell me i had staph. I went to the emergency room this morning and he lanced the boil and said he was almost positive it was staph(he is testing it) Should I call the doctors office and tell them about it?
- A: Yes it could be from the doctors office. If the doctor said that it was staph then he/she should have reported it to the CDC(center for disease control)
- What is the test for an internal staph infection?
- Q: I had a staph infection on my leg last year, and took the appropriate plan of action with my doctor. Very recently, in the same area where the staph was (almost a year ago) it has been throbbing. I feel as though it may be coming back internally. How do you check for staph (internally) if there is nothing to take a culture from. Is it a blood test?
- A: its a small tube****
Prev Question: What sickness makes you hot and them cold
People also view