How do you prevent a blister from a burn
Put some white vinegar on a bit of paper towel and place it on the burn. If you keep it on, you will not develop a blister. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-prevent-a-blister-from-a-burn ]
More Answers to "How do you prevent a blister from a burn"
- How do I prevent and treat sun blisters that occur on my mouth wh...?
- Do you mean blisters on your lips? Or do you mean on the skin around your lips? Also Are these true ...
- How to Prevent a Burn from Blistering With Aloe
- ･ Purchase an aloe plant at your local farmers market, grocer, or gardening store. ･ Keep the aloe plant in the kitchen or where it will be handy for a common household burn. ･ Cut off a few of the large base leaves, split them horizontally...
- How can i prevent blisters and burning in my feet while playing b...?
- I have heard of soldiers putting vaseline on their feet and between their toes and then putting their socks on over it, maybe that will help you
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I prevent a burn from blistering?
- Q: I spilt scalding hot soup down my arm as I took it out of the microwave; I've held it under cold running water for about 10 minutes, is there anything else I can do?
- A: If it blisters, it blisters. There is no way to stop it from blistering, but keeping it cool is a great idea. Usually I get hot glue gun burns. Get it under cold water asap and then check it for blistering. Burns hurt so bad that I have to wrap them in a wet towel and getit wet every half hour or so. they seem to heal faster when you keep them cool.Sory, I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!
- How do I prevent my fresh burn from scarring?
- Q: I just got burned this morning with hot oil when I was making breakfast. :(There are a bunch of small burn blister red marks all around my arm, and I want to make sure they heal properly. I also don't want them to leave scars. What should I be doing and what products should I be using???
- A: First wash the area. Then, When you get a burn you would want to cool off the area (either with ice or aloe vera) to prevent further damage.For it to heal properly you will use Polysporin (Neosporin) to prevent any type of infection.Treating the scar is difficult because scar tissues are created by the same cells that causes inflammation as well as the cells that actually heals the wound. (All from the same progenitor/stem cell ). Traditionally, Vitamin E oil or silicon gel (Dermatix) is used to reduce the amount of scarring but studies have shown contradicting results.Using anti-inflammatories to reduce scarring depends on a variety of variables and requires timing and a bit of luck as well.The best tip I can give you is not to play with the wound too much. Keep it moist, cover it up and clean it at most once a day, however, proper wound treatment is still being debated within medical society still.
- How do I prevent a burn from scaring? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
- Q: I just got burn on my legs 4 hours ago. I think it is second degree burn --red and blister. I immidiately putted mederma on the burn because I have nothing else to put on it.Please advice. I hate to have scar on my legs. Thank you very much.
- A: Ow! I burned my leg on the exhaust pipe of a motorcycle once and do not have a scar. The doctor was surprised at how well I took care of it.First of all, never put mederma on an open wound. It says so right on the label! It is meant to heal SCARS. You are trying to prevent 1) Infection and 2) a scar.Clean the wound, put a thin layer of triple antibiotic ointment on the burn., Then cover the burn with a moist bandage. These are special bandages. You can find them at any drug store. They are a bit more expensive but they are worth it! The moisture keep the burn from drying out and it feels better AND because it does not dry out and scab, it won't scar.Clean the wound, add the triple antibiotic cream, and change the bandage once every 24-hours. You'll be amazed at how much more quickly the wound will heal if you follow this advice!
Prev Question: What is the worst type of cancer
People also view