How do you know if you have hpv
The HPV test on the market is only used as part of cervical cancer screening. There is no general test for men or women to...MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-know-if-you-have-hpv ]
More Answers to "How do you know if you have hpv"
- Go to the doctor and get tested, it's the only sure fire way to know or not. Nobody on Yahoo! Answers can tell you.
- Most men and women who have HPV do not know that they are infected because the virus usually has no symptoms and goes away on its own. You will not routinely be tested for HPV, just the signs of whether you have it or not. Cervical cell cha...
- HPV is human papillomavirus which is a virus that causes genital warts and cervical abnormalities. If you have genital warts, you can usually see these on the genitals. If you have abnormalities of the cervix, you can only tell by having a ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you get HPV if you are being treated with Gardasil?
- Q: I have had 2 of the 3 shots for Gardasil. How likely is it that i can still get HPV?
- A: The posts about Gardasil being for 4 types is true. There are over 100 types of HPV, but this is just for the 4 that cause the most problems. Additionally, no vaccine is 100% so if you don't mount an immune response like expected, you could still get 1 of the strains it is supposed to protect against-it is just less likely.
- Q: my friend just had a pap smear for the first time in her 21 years...her HPV test came out positive. now shes worried and so am i and i need to know ho to comfort her as well as find out the most BEST info i can right now..i dont really understand what HPV is every where i read it says warts...so is it a form of herpes?? WHAT IS IT??? i need help...she is my best friend and i need to have ALL the info....
- A: HPV is warts. Condyloma. Different from HSV.HSV is herpes. Herpes Simplex 1- cold sores. Herpes Simplex II-genital herpes - a STD. Same virus, different location. Both are viruses, both are STDs. Each presents differently. Warts lesions are generally raised-looking bumpy where herpes looks more like an open sore. Cancers can have a viral component - HPV has been attributed to that. Though there is a cure for neither, both can be treated by health care providers.
- if someone has hpv virus but pap smear normal ,what treatment is available to get rid of hpv virus ?
- Q: If pap is normal but hpv virus is present in body .I searched websites & also consulted gyn ,who suggested no treatment is available to get rid of hpv virus(sometimes body fights it off ) , just getting pap done regularly to watch abnormality . But there must be some remedies available to avoid abnormal cell development & getting hpv away.
- A: The gyn is correct. There is no cure for the HPV virus. If you develop warts as a result of the virus there are treatments for that. However the virus will still be in your body. There is no way to avoid the abnormal cell growth in the cervix. You can ask your doctor about the cervical cancer vaccine as it prevents the strains of HPV that can cause cancer. If you don't have these strains it may be helpful however if you have those strains you need to have pap smears done regularly to screen for cell changes. Good luck!
Prev Question: What happens when a person has a stroke
People also view