How do you know if you have a fractured bone
The classic signs of a fracture: pain, swelling, and deformity. However, if the break isn't displaced, it may be harder to tell. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-know-if-you-have-a-fractured-bone ]
More Answers to "How do you know if you have a fractured bone"
- How do you know if you broke or fractured a bone in your foot??
- You might be able to tell if it is broken if you can localize the pain to one finger pressing over the area. But, like the previous answerer said, you should still get a radiograph or MRI to see the extent of the damage.
- How do i know if i've broken or fractured a bone in my foot??
- Its probably just sore, I would give it another day or so. But if you have insurance have a Doctor look at it. I ignored a my toe after I injured it on a boxing bag, when it ended up being broke, but I didn't find out for another 3 months w...
- Does a bone density scan tell me all I need to know about my risk...?
- Yes and no. Bone mineral density (BMD) is the most important indicator of fracture risk, but it’s only one. Doctors most often measure BMD using a DEXA scan. This stands for dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. The scan provides a measurement ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does a fractured bone take to heal?
- Q: I've fractured my left thumb and it's gradually getting better. I think the bone underneath the thumb bone is fractured. So how long would it take to heal? Does drinking milk help in healing?I know the time would probably vary depending on the amount of chipped bone, but can you just give a "guesstimate"?Thanks
- A: first of all do u know for sure that its fractured did u go to the dr. for x-rays if so im guessing they should have told u at the hospital but a couple of weeks
- The difference between a fractured bone and a broken one?
- Q: My cousin and I got into a "debate" on the difference between a broken and fractured bone. I said it was basically the same thing but then he got all defensive (we got on the topic on how he "fractured" his ankle) saying he never broke a bone. Anyway can someone include a link with their answer so I can prove him wrong?Thanks for all your answers guys.
- A: This link should do it. I am an RN with many years in orthopedics. I guarantee you that a fractured bone is a broken bone....period.http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-fractures-basic-information
- What is the most commonly fractured bone in children? Why?
- Q: What is the most commonly fractured bone in children? Why?
- A: The wristTo much shower time fun & to much cable TV (HBO & Cinemax after 11pm)
Prev Question: What are some gastric ulcer symptoms
People also view