How do you get rid of bad acne
Use an over-the-counter product containing benzoyl peroxide once or twice a day.Try products containing sulfur or resorcinol. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-get-rid-of-bad-acne ]
More Answers to "How do you get rid of bad acne"
- There are natural or home remedies that can get rid of acne. This has been a problem for a lot of people but unknowing that home remedies can be made. Rub garlic and the juice will work on the acne since it has antiseptic properties. It als...
- ･ 1. Put toothpaste on your pimple before you go to bed, should help reduce swelling overnight. Make sure ... ･ 2. Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating ... ･ 3. Apply a pas...
- Well for starters wash your face with STRONG acne medication. In the morning get a bowl of boiling water and hold your face over it for five minutes to open up you pores. Then wash your face. Rinse with real cold water to then close your po...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How can I get rid of stubborn acne?
- Q: I have tried about seven different facial cleansers and a couple of them worked for a while and then stopped working. I understand immunity to certain medicine and everything but my acne is getting worse and I'm running out of options. My acne is in certain spots, too. And its all the time. Not just near my period. What can I do to get rid of this acne quickly? It just won't go away. Any product recommendations or any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- A: If acne is treated early, it usually responds well to treatment. The main aim of treatment is to stop new pimples from forming, heal pimples, prevent scarring and lessen the embarrassment associated with acne.Mild to moderately severe acne may be treated with over-the-counter gels, lotions, and creams such as benzoyl peroxide which is applied directly to the skin. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed to reduce inflammation while oral contraceptives have also shown to improve acne.In episodes where acne is extremely severe, another oral medication known as Isotretinoin (Accutane) is one of the most effective treatments with successful results. However, all these medications can cause negative side effects and it is important that you inform your health practitioner or dermatologist immediately.Natural and holistic remedies are a safer, gentler yet effective treatment option to reduce acne without the harmful effects of synthetic chemicals often found in conventional medications. Carefully selected herbs such as Melaleuca Alterniflora (Tea Tree Oil), Azadirachta indica and Arctium lappa support the skin and contain anti-fungal, antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Bulbine frutescence and Aspalathus linearis (rooibos) help to soothe and prevent skin infections, and also have excellent antioxidant properties – helping to fight free radicals and help discourage the signs of aging.
- What are good natural ways to get rid of bad acne?
- Q: I have bad acne and have used pretty much every acne medicine possible (Proactiv, Neutrogina, Clearisil etc.) and none of it has really worked. I'm already exercising, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water and I have cut down on my smoking. What are other good natural ways to get rid of acne?
- A: green tea extract capsules, they helped me.
- Does anyone know how to get rid of BAD acne?
- Q: See I have had bad acne for about a 3 years now and I'm tired of it.See I tried everything from store bought to ordering but nothing works for me so I was wondering if anyone would know how to get rid of it what any of you have tried that worked and does anyone know of home remedies?????? Please Help!
- A: What I would strongly suggest is to not get toooo creative with home-made remedies, because sometimes we may not know if the things we're combining together could have an adverse reaction when applying it to your facial skin. From a cosmetologist stand point, I know that facial skin is very sensitive, and trying to many things can sometimes lead to irreversible skin damage or other problems that didn't exist before.In my experience cleansing of the face in the AM/PM with a delicate facial soap is recommended. You have to really discipline yourself and be dedicated to do this faithfully. I've also had good experiences with Vitamin E, it can really help with acne scarring. Something else that's great for cleansing is Witch Hazel, very cheap and you can find it at just about any store like Rite Aid, Walgreens, Wal-mart, etc....The other thing I would suggest in Proactiv, it's relatively cheap and I've used it myself and it really worked well. Other people I've know they've also had awesome results. One thing to remember is that you have is once you start something as far as a facial regimen, you need to follow through with it for optimum results.Hope I could help out, good luck! :)Kitty76
Prev Question: Is albino a race
People also view