How do you get cotton fever
Cotton fever is a syndrome that is often associated with IV drug use, specifically the use of cotton to filter drugs like heroin. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-get-cotton-fever ]
More Answers to "How do you get cotton fever"
- How do you get cotton fever?
- You get cotton fever from a piece of cotton of dirt entering your system from the needle.
- What is cotton fever?
- Cotton fever can be caused by injecting anything that has been filtered through cotton. It is thought to be caused by a bacteria from the cotton plant itself. But, I've also heard of people getting cotton fever without having using a cotton...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it possible to die from cotton fever?
- Q: I know I've felt like I was going to die from it.....
- A: Copied from the source listed.Under most circumstances, cotton fever is relatively benign. It is possible for it to turn into something more serious such as pneumonia; the user should watch for this, and seek medical attention if the fever does not go away. Normally however, the symptoms disappear after a couple of hours or less.
- how do you get rid of cotton fever?
- A: Go here:http://www.heroinhelper.com/user/health/cotton_fever.shtmlHope this helps.
- My son is in rehabilitation and his friend was taken to the hospital because he had 'cotton fever'.?
- Q: Just what exactly is 'cotton fever'? My son said that he shot drugs in his arm and a piece of fiber went into his blood stream.I don't buy that 'cause that would kill you if it hit your heart. So what is it and is it possible to spread it to my son. I need some help fast. A VERY CONCERNED DAD
- A: "Cotton fever is a syndrome that is often associated with intravenous drug use, specifically the use of cotton to filter drugs like heroin. The cause of the condition is believed to be endotoxin shed by the bacteria Enterobacter agglomerans which colonizes cotton plants."from wikipedia, read more here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_feverhttp://www.answers.com/topic/cotton-feverhttp://www.heroinhelper.com/user/health/cotton_fever.shtmlBottom line, your son is not at risk by exposure to his friend.Not at risk at all if he is now "clean".
Prev Question: What is the phobia of elbows
People also view