How do you cure poison ivy
To treat poison ivy, you should, using a cotton ball, cleanse the affected areas of your skin with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-cure-poison-ivy ]
More Answers to "How do you cure poison ivy"
- ･ 1 A good product to treat poison ivy is Calamine lotion. Calamine lotion can be bought at most drug store... ･ 2 One other way to treat Poison ivy is to soak affected area in a bath of oats. The oats will release... ･ 3 Treat the poison i...
- as soon as you are exposed to he plan wash with urasol this is a soap that will neutralize the chemical in poison ivy that causes itching. cool compresses and cortizone creme will help dry it up however if it i very bad on your body a stero...
- There are numbers of ways to treat poison ivy. One of the sure fire methods are to take a baking soda bath. The baking soda dries out the poison ivy rash and it's able to heal. Gold bond powder works really well too. Swimming in a pool with...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How can I cure poison ivy within a week?
- Q: okay i was messing around with some friends and i triipped and fell in some poison ivy. i currently have an ivy rash on my left hand middle knuckle and on my left leg and on my right *** cheek. i really need to find an almost instant cure to fix the itching problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
- A: Impossible, However, it is advised to use "Calamine" lotion, it is pink in color and it will dry up the oozing from the blisters you are going to get everywhere it touched you. It will take up to three weeks for it to run out it's course.
- Does anybody have a good way to cure poison ivy ?
- Q: I need something to cure poison Ivy from my face and eyes
- A: First, throw the clothes that you were wearing in the washer and then hop into the shower and wash with plenty of soap and water. The reaction to poison ivy is to oils secreted by the leaves of the plant. These oils are easily washed off...but if left on the skin they can cause a worsened reaction and can be spread to other areas. The effects of poison ivy are actually caused by an allergic reaction and over production of histamine...so treat it like an allergic reaction with histamine blockers and steroids. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is an excellent histamine-1 blocker, but it will make you sleepy if you take it by mouth. However, it will decrease the swelling and itching. Benadryl is also available as a cream that will decrease the itching, but not the swelling as much. Pepcid (famotidine) and Zantac (ranitidine) are both histamine-2 blockers usually used for upset stomachs, but they will also decrease the affects of the poison ivy and are not as sedating as Benadryl. Hydrocoritsone cream is as steroid that will decrease the itching and the swelling. You might want to alternate the Benadryl cream and the hydrocoritsone cream during the day and evening, take Pepcid or Zantac (not both at the same time) during the day and Benadryl at night...or low dose Benadryl during the day or some other combination depending on how alert you have to be. Don't use the hydrocortisone cream continuously for more than a few days without checking with a doctor. You can consider going to a doctor, who may prescribe oral steroids to reduce the swelling and/or give you a steroid shot to speed your recovery. Make sure that you use all drugs per the manufacturer's recommendations and good luck...I hope that this helps.
- What is the best cure for poison ivy?
- Q: I'm super allergic to poison ivy and it got soo bad that I can't sleep because it itches soo bad! I need a cure and fast! So if you could put remedies or the best medicine to use...ANYTHING! I just need a cure.
- A: when was a kid i got poison ivy every summer my mom would use a net scrubie [ like a shower scrubie ] she had a special soap she used to use i forgot the name of it not sure if they still sell it was especially for poison ivy. but the thing is to scrub the blisters open [be careful once u open those blisters the liquid inside them is what spreads it. once u open them up use cotton ball put ivy dry on it that will dry the poisin ivy up and it will go away. it does hurt but thats the quickest way to get rid of it. i feel sorry for u it is miserable stuff to have GOOD LUCK!!!!
Prev Question: What is 'cat scratch fever'
People also view