How do you catch the swine flu
The virus is spread via coughing or sneezing, so avoid ppl w/flu symptoms. Don't touch things w/flu virus on them. Wash hnds. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-catch-the-swine-flu ]
More Answers to "How do you catch the swine flu"
- ･ 1 Catch swine flu directly from infected pigs. Swine flu is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type... ･ 2 Catch swine flu from an infected person. Swine flu is contagious between people, but in the past, swine... ･ 3 Become infected...
- from other people sneasing or coughing! (see Related Question below for details)
- Most cases of swine flu are seen in people who work with live pigs, but it can also be spread from person-to-person, just like the seasonal flu. Methods of human transmission include coughing or sneezing of people infected with the influenz...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you catch swine flu more than once?
- Q: It's flu and you can catch flu whenever the circumstances prevail, so if you catch swine flu now will you be immune when it takes off in the winter?So if we catch it, we will have some immunity in the event of another dose, but that surely means the virus will also have immunity to the treatment drugs if we pass it on to somebody else?
- A: If the virus mutates between now and winter then it would be possible to catch swine flu again as it would be slightly different. If it doesn't mutate then it depends if you have built up sufficient immunity from the first bout to be immune the second time round.
- How likely is it that someone in my office will catch swine flu?
- Q: My boss says someone will. There are about 10 people in my office. I live in Northern Manitoba, Canada. There haven't been many cases of swine flu in my city but in some aboriginal reserves there have been and some of those people are going to be coming here for medical treatment.How likely is it that someone from my office will catch the swine flu? Will we all be oinking in no time?
- A: Unlikely. I doubt if 10% of the population will get it (1 in 10 people is 10%). So far, the prevalence in North America has been 3% (3 in 100 people). There have been 56 cases in all of Manitoba, that is .0005%. As a precaution, wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer after touching documents that other people have handled or after attending meetings. Transmission is largely hand to hand, avoid touching your nose and eyes with your hands. Wipe shared objects like telephones and doorknobs with alcohol several times a day.Your workplace should have a flu preparedness plan including plans for prevention of transmission and plans on how to cope with multiple people on sick leave at the same time.
- How long after contact with someone or a public place would you be apt to catch swine flu?
- Q: I know with a cold you can catch it within a week when someone else exposes you to it but usually it is pretty fast like a couple of days. What about with the swine flu? How long does it take to start showing symptoms of it after exposure?
- A: Same. Two to seven days. Very normal incubation period for this kind of virus.
Prev Question: What does it mean when your poop is slimey
People also view