How do you break a bone
Falling onto your wrist, hitting your leg with a hammer, and punching a hard wall can all break bones. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-break-a-bone ]
More Answers to "How do you break a bone"
- HOW TO BREAK A BOnE?
- Well, as a person who takes x-rays for a living, I can tell you just about every way there is of breaking a bone. I've came across so many stories you probably wouldn't believe them. Some of the most common ways are:･ 1. Fall onto outstretc...
- What Happens When You Break a Bone?
- It hurts to break a bone! It's different for everyone, but the pain is often like the deep ache you get from a super bad stomachache or headache. Some people may experience sharper pain — especially with an open fracture. And if the fractur...
- Does it hurt when you break a bone?
- I broke my arm 2 yrs ago and I was on the monkey bars trying to jump to the fourth bar I had done it before and that time I was just splat on the ground with my arm under me I was probably so loud that the whole of my street could hear me! ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does gentle speech break bones?
- Q: And what is the contrast here?Proverbs 25:15 (NKJV)By long forbearance a ruler is persuaded, And a gentle tongue breaks a bone.
- A: Same as:Pr 15:1 - A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.Where as ones mind is as hard as a Bone, it is broken with gentle speech.
- How long does a humerus bone break take to heal (Clean Break)?
- Q: I have broken my humerus bone, a clean break and was wondering how long it will take to completely heal. I did not have to have surgery, the hospital has just plastered it and put it in a sling. The pain when I move it is unbearable. How long will it take for me to regain full use of my arm again? Would also like to know about personal experiences from Humerus bone breaks.
- A: youir bone takes 8wks to heal, no rushing it, but you CAN do things to slow it down, like using it for extensive activities before it's ready;; your best bet is to self monitor & progress;; if unsure, when you get the cast off, ask the doc to set you up with PT, they will get you on your way;; usually it's ~ 2-6months for you to "fully" rehab this arm, dependent on your personal style of living (work, sports, just type of use of the arm);; the arm itself cannot be broken in the same spot again after 2 yrs...good luck, but the most difficult time you will have is when you begin to "use" the arm, when the "casting" is suspended;; usually it's about 4-6 wks when the doc wants to xray the arm to see if it's healing "on time"...for right now, get your other arm to help you out, but the sling is there so you won't use the arm;; when you tense your muscles, the tendons are pulling on the bone that's trying to heal, so REST the arm,, the best you can do right now is to elevate & perform hand grips & openings, & possibly turning your wrist palm-up & palm-down;; it DOES get better with time, generally about the 6th wk you will start to really ease off the pain, about 2/10...again, good luck, but be careful, just not guarded...another btw, shirts on, use the involved arm 1st;; shirts off, sleeve comes off last on the involved arm...& keep your shoulder rested & down!!
- What is the most common way to break a bone?
- Q: I'm writing a story and I'm trying to write a scene where the character gets in a fight and breaks a bone. Having never actually broken a bone, I turn to you guys for help.If someone got into a fight, how hard would they have to be hit to break a bone? What bone would be broken? (I'm thinking more of arm or collar bone or something, rather than just nose.) If they put it up and someone hit their arm, could it break it? Or would it have to be hit against something harder?
- A: Usually it's a 'slip & fall' that breaks a bone.It would have to be a mighty punch to break someones bone (and not your own as well).If they were pushed and fell awkardly, that's another story.
Prev Question: When do woman ovulate
People also view