How bad do your eyes have to be, to be legally blind
Legal blindness is generally, visual acuity of less than 6/60 or 20/200 using Snellen test types, or visual field MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-bad-do-your-eyes-have-to-be%2C-to-be-legally-blind ]
More Answers to "How bad do your eyes have to be, to be legally blind"
- How bad do your eyes have to be to be considered legally blind??
- How you see WITHOUT eyeglasses or contact lenses has nothing to do with being legally blind. In order to be classified as legally blind you must have 20/200 visual acuity or worse WITH GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES being worn OR you must have l...
- How bad does your eye prescription have to be to be legally blind...?
- Legally blind has nothing to do with your numbers. It has to do with how well the prescription helps you see. If a -7.00 or -10.00 makes you see 20/20 you are not blind. If you can only see 20/200 or worse with the best correction possible ...
- How bad would a person's eye prescription need to be, in order to...?
- Legally blind starts at 20/200 on the charts, or in other words, if you can not read the big E at the top of the chart.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How bad do your eyes have to be to be considered legally blind?
- Q: I think my eyes are really bad, but I was wondering just how bad to the have to get before you can't drive and such? (In terms of the negative number scale. like they use for contacts- I never know what the 20/40 20/20 stuff means)
- A: How you see WITHOUT eyeglasses or contact lenses has nothing to do with being legally blind. In order to be classified as legally blind you must have 20/200 visual acuity or worse WITH GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES being worn OR you must have less than 20 degrees of overall visual field. SO, you can have unbelievably thick glasses and still not be legally blind as long as you can see better than 20/200 with correction being worn. Now, you have asked another question, though, along with the legally blind question. You asked about how bad your vision has to be before you can't drive legally. This varies from state to state BUT the visual acuity necessary for driving is much more demanding than for being legally blind. In Oklahoma, in order to be able to drive legally one must have best corrected visual acuity of better than 20/50. So, a person could be unable to drive but not be legally blind.
- How bad does your eye prescription have to be to be legally blind?
- Q: My eye prescription is at -7.00, I know that's not legally blind, but I have a friend who is -10.00...and I would figure that -10.00 is the minimum for legal blindness.But I would love to know the answer to this.
- A: Legally blind has nothing to do with your numbers.It has to do with how well the prescription helps you see.If a -7.00 or -10.00 makes you see 20/20 you are not blind.If you can only see 20/200 or worse with the best correction possible then you are legally blind.Definition of Legal blindnessLegal blindness: The criteria used to determine eligibility for government disability benefits and which do not necessarily indicate a person's ability to function.In the US, the criteria for legal blindness are: Visual acuity of 20/200 or worse in the better eye with corrective lenses (20/200 means that a person at 20 feet from an eye chart can see what a person with normal vision can see at 200 feet); orVisual field restriction to 20 degrees diameter or less (tunnel vision) in the better eye. Note that the definition of legal blindness differs from country to country and that the criteria listed above are for the US.
- how bad does your prescription have to be to be legally blind?
- Q: mine last tim i went to the eye doc -9.5 and -9 and the guy at walmart said i was legally blind but doc says im not quite there and if you are then can u get lasik
- A: 20/200 in the best eye WITH correction, or needing an object to be 20 feet away in order to see it as clearly as someone with normal vision could see from 200 feet.
Prev Question: Is MRSA air born
People also view