How are viruses named
Viruses are often named by the people who invented them, and they create their own names for them. Go ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-are-viruses-named ]
More Answers to "How are viruses named"
- Viruses can be named based on the first host cell that is found infected by the virus and the type of damage caused. Viruses can also be named based upon where they are first discovered geographically ( e.g. Semliki Forest Virus, West Nile ...
- To those that do not study viruses, their names can be a problem. Most viruses can infect many species of plants but their names are based on the first host found infected by each virus and the type of damage caused. For example an importan...
- the author writes the name of the virus. Sometimes it is subtle, such as a small "Kak.A (c) v.2"
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How are viruses named?
- Q: i know that some are named after the place where they were discovered but are there other ways they can be namedthanks for the help
- A: usualy by the scientist who discovers it
- How do you remove viruses using McAfee Stinger Version 4?
- Q: I have scanned my computer with Mcafee Stinger Version 4 and it has picked out some viruses, which is good. But the only problem is I don't know how to remove them. I click "List Viruses" and it comes up with the virus names, the option of pressing "copy data" and "ok". So could anyone please tell me how to remove the viruses.
- A: MCAFEE SUCKSUSE AVG FOR FREE OR AVAST FOR FREE
- how do i fix viruses named *.vbs?
- Q: my hard drive is infected with files named as *.vbsthe virus has infected the system volume information of my hard drive and i can't delete it bcoz i think the file is in the registry which makes it very hard to search for and delete
- A: VBS is the file extention for Visual Basic for Applications Script, If you feel that they are a threat to your computer, just simply delete them.
Prev Question: Why is my eyebrow twitching
People also view