Does your heart skip a beat when you sneeze
Sneezes increase the pressure in your chest and change blood flow. But, no, it doesn't stop it - not even momentarily. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-your-heart-skip-a-beat-when-you-sneeze ]
More Answers to "Does your heart skip a beat when you sneeze"
- Does your heart skip a beat when you sneeze?
- Kind of. Here's what happens: Your heart takes in blood from your body through two huge veins called the superior and inferior vena cava, which are located within your chest. That blood fills the right side of your heart (the atrium, and ...
- Is it true that when you sneeze your heart skips a beat?
- No, your heart does not stop when you sneeze. The changing pressure in your chest due to sneezing also changes your blood flow, which may change the rhythm of your heartbeat. Dr. Richard Conti, past president of the American College of Card...
- Is it true that your heart skips a beat whenever you sneeze??
- Your heart does not necssarily "skip" a beat or stop beating for that matter. Due to changes in interthoracic pressure prior to sneezing your heart has a tendency to deviate from its normal pace and rythm. keep in mind this happen...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- does your heart skip a beat when you sneeze?
- Q: when you sneeze is it true that your heart skips a beat. most say yes, but I'm not completely sure.
- A: I heard that on the History Channel The Living Body
- When you sneeze, does your heart really skips a beat or two?
- Q: I'm not sure, but that's what my teacher explained why we say,"Bless you" when someone sneezes. Or was she just trying to be funny... :D
- A: No, your heart doesn't stop beating when you sneeze.
- is it true that when you sneeze, your heart skips a beat?
- Q: Is this a fact or a myth?
- A: From the link given below:"That is just a myth. Though it may feel like it does, your heart doesn't stop when you sneeze. Actually, a powerful positive pressure condition is created in the chest. That can change the rhythm of the heart rate, but it will not stop it."
Prev Question: What does it mean if you have chest pains and a headache
People also view