Does splenda cause cancer
Splenda was considered safe after the FDA looked for carcinogenic, reproductive and neurological effects of usage and found none. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-splenda-cause-cancer ]
More Answers to "Does splenda cause cancer"
- Splenda is an artificial sweetener that is relatively new on the consumer market. It is approximately 600 times sweeter than sugar, thus you only need a tiny bit to sweeten food and beverages. The common term for Splenda is sucralose. Splen...
- It is not true. Splenda has been approved by the U.S food and drug administration (FDA) and is generally regarded as safe. Other artificial sweeteners such as aspartame are also safe. Some research suggests saccharin may have ill effects. I...
- Who knows if SPLENDA causes cancer? The main thing that a company is looking for is your money. That's right, it's just like a lot of drugs. A patent is made, it goes on the market, the doctors push it & lo & behold, down the road ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- so does splenda cause cancer? or make you fat?
- Q: i'm so confused cuz i know they say some fake sweetners can make you fat because you eat more or something,,,, and that some cause cancer... but I dont know which ones. I dont normally eat a lot of sugar neways... but i just want to know if this is really a 'healthy' alternative when I am baking, etc. Thank youwhat exactly do you mean by 'mass quantities'? like on a regular basis?
- A: as long as it's not consumed in mass quantities, it's okay
- Does Aspartme (Ingredient in Equal/Splenda) cause cancer?
- Q: I don't use real sugar. I often use equal/splenda in moderation. So I saw a commercial for Sun Crystals. Supposedly all natural sweetener w/ only 5 calories in a packet. My question is does Aspartme really cause cancer? I know it can't be good for you. Is sun crystals a way better choice?https://www.suncrystals.com/
- A: There is no clinical scientific evidence that aspartame causes cancer or increases the risk of cancer:http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/AspartameQandAhttp://www.cancer.org/docroot/ped/content/ped_1_3x_aspartame.aspThere have been links found between excessive aspartame intake and increased risk of cancer in rats.The dosages were the equivalent of 8 cans of diet soda a day - every day, before any difference in cancer risk was found.There have been no confirming studies in humans.That said, I'm certainly not claiming it as a health food; if someone really must drink soda, for example, the non-diet type is probably marginally less unhealthy.Nobody knows what causes cancer, the finest medical minds in the world don't know; so when someone says '----------------------'causes cancer', you know they are repeating rumour, hearsay and half (at best) truths.
- Does Splenda really cause cancer (in caprisun roarin waters)?
- Q: Well i drink Caprisun Roarin Waters when i eat my lunchat skool and I found out that it has some splenda in it to flavor it. My mom says that it causes cancer cuz it has chlorine in it or something but the only juice we bought was this nasty tasting minute maid berry juice and the caprisun roarin waters. And the caprisun tastes good. SO can you guys tell me what i should do?
- A: No. Aspartame is the one that isn't healthy and saccharin in MONSTROUS doses was shown to cause cancer.Splenda is ok.
Prev Question: Do the chicken pox give you a fever
People also view