Does pink eye hurt, when you blink
Yes if you have pink eye, it can be very painful to blink, it can also be very itchy. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-pink-eye-hurt%2C-when-you-blink ]
More Answers to "Does pink eye hurt, when you blink"
- Is Pink Eye suppose too hurt this bad?
- Well long story short, she actualley had a hole in her core-knee-uh wich got infected. But thanks anyways
- Does pink eye hurt when you open your eye
- Hello, The symptims of conjunctivits manifest themselves in a gritty feeling in one or both eyes, often with dicharge and itching. SHe needs to see her doctor tomorrow if the light sensitivity is severe, for instance, if she needs to wear s...
- Can having pink eye and a fever hurt my chances?
- No, I don't think it will make any difference. Sperm can still meet egg, and egg production was determined long before you got sick.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- My eye is pink, slightly swollen, and it hurts to blink...any help?
- Q: My eye hasn't been bothering me, but this morning I woke up and my eye was a little darker pink than usual. It was a little swollen, and it hurts really bad to blink. The only relief I get is if I keep my eyes wide open which I can't for too long! I keep reading all these horror stories about how people had the same symptoms and it was a sty and they had to have it surgically removed...and its FREAKING ME OUT!!! So please give me any and all diagnoses and advice! Thanx! ♥
- A: You probably have conjunctivitis... aka Pink Eye... There are 2 types.. here are some things you can do to treat them.BacterialBacterial conjunctivitis usually resolves with no treatment. Treatment with antibiotic eye drops or ointments ( such as chloramphenicol or fusidic acid ) does however speed recovery. Gentamicin and Vigamox, (moxifloxacin) are commonly used in the U.S. Evidence suggests there is a modest reduction in duration from an average of 4.625 days (untreated controls) to 3.3 days for those given immediate antibiotics. Deferring antibiotics yields almost the same duration as those immediately starting treatment with 3.9 days duration, but with half the two-week clinic reattendance rate.ViralAlthough there is no specific treatment for viral conjunctivitis, symptomatic relief may be achieved with warm compresses and artificial tears. For the worst cases, topical corticosteroid drops may be prescribed to reduce the discomfort from inflammation. However prolonged usage of corticosteroid drops increases the risk of side effects. Antibiotic drops may also be used for treatment of complementary infections. Patients are often advised to avoid touching their eyes or sharing towels and washcloths. Viral conjunctivitis usually resolves within 3 weeks. However, in worse cases it may take over a month. In past times breast milk was often used to relieve the symptoms of conjunctivitis
- Is it possible to get pink eye from a public pool?
- Q: I am at a hotel and I went swimming and after like 5 minuets my eyes turned really red and hurt and itched. 1 hour later I still have red eyes and they hurt kinda and they feel uncomfortable, and I read about pink eye and it says that the light hurts your eyes and when I went outside I couldnt even look or see because they hurt so bad and it felt like i was looking right into the sun. WTF. My eyes are not watery but i have to blink every like 2 seconds and it hurts to blink
- A: Did you open your eyes under water?that sometimes happens to me in the pool when i swim underwater with my eyes open, i think its something to do with the chlorine or something irritating my eyes but every time it happened it never turned out to be pink eye.yes it hurts and it stings and watersVisine should help you.they usually last the wwhole night.nothing to worry aboutbut to answer your question , Yes you can get pink eye from a public pool but in your case it isn't you can try wearing goggles, or rinsing your eye after the poolit sounds funny but try to blink more to flush it goodluck and it kind of helps you can put a warm towel over ur eyes and relax, thats a home remedy its better to use visine
- My eye hurts when I Blink?
- Q: It started YesterdayIt feels like a slight pinch on the sides of my left eye& I'm pretty sure it isn't a pink eye.Any clue on what it might be?
- A: could be an infection. if you wear contacts or even cosmetic contacts (to change your eye color), see the doctor that prescribed the lenses.best to have a doctor check it, though, even if you don't have contacts.
Prev Question: What is cystic fibrosis
People also view