Does alcohol make diarrhea worse
Yes, alcohol makes diarrhea worse because it dehydrates the body, which can be the cause of diarrhea. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-alcohol-make-diarrhea-worse ]
More Answers to "Does alcohol make diarrhea worse"
- Does Regular alcohol drinking make you have diarrhea??
- It can cause diarrhea in excess due to dehydration. Drink plenty of water and get electrolytes. I would also not drink for a few days to let your body flush out the excess alcohol and toxins. But most important to remember is diarrhea cause...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- everytime i drink alcohol, i end up with the worst diarrhea. is my alcohol intake giving me diarrhea?
- Q: the day after i go drinking with my friends, i end up getting the worst diarrhea. and it lasts for days. is my alcohol drinking giving me diarrhea? anyone else get the same thing?
- A: yeah but only if I drank enough to be hungover and it only lasts a day for me. i dont think the type of alcohol really makes a difference. just how much you drink
- Does Regular alcohol drinking make you have diarrhea?
- Q: If so is it a bad thing? Is my body getting too much?
- A: It can cause diarrhea in excess due to dehydration. Drink plenty of water and get electrolytes. I would also not drink for a few days to let your body flush out the excess alcohol and toxins. But most important to remember is diarrhea causes and is a symptom of dehydration so water is essential. And technically a hangover is your body telling you you are dehydrated as well.
- Every time I drink alcohol (either moderately or heavily) I get diarrhea the next day. Does anybody know why?
- Q: I don’t drink every day. I’m not an alcoholic. I can take or leave booze, but I have been very bored and stuck in the middle of an undiagnosed health issue. I’m asking this question, because I never USED TO get “the runs” the day after I drank heavily (in my 20’s and early 30’s). My Dr. thinks the often excruciating leg muscle pain I have been experiencing for three months is being caused by a herniated disk. I’m getting an MRI tomorrow, and (hopefully) I will finally know the truth. But (in the back of my mind), I still have been wondering if I might have some type of disease that heavy drinking might be making worse? Lately, I have gotten diarrhea (the next morning) EVERY SINGLE TIME I have drunk booze the night before. Is this unusual? I’m 39 now, and puzzled?
- A: You might have Celiac if you are drinking mostly beer. Beer contains a high amount of gluten. It gives people with Celiac the runs. You might ask the doctor if you can get tested for that. Any thing containing Beer, red wines, malts, barley are all potential problems for someone with Celiac. If it happens when you have only drunk a little this may be what you have. Be aware that heavy drinking can cause the runs in anyone whether they drink every day or not.
Prev Question: What causes frequent UTIs
People also view