Can you have a bruised rib
Technically the rib itself isn't bruised, but the muscles surrounding it are. But yes, you can bruise your ribcage area. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-have-a-bruised-rib ]
More Answers to "Can you have a bruised rib"
- How to Treat a Bruised Rib
- ･ 1 Apply ice over the injured area to help soothe pain and decrease swelling. It may be necessary to continue... ･ 2 Take an over-the-counter, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen to help relieve... ･ 3 One of the best ...
- What do I do with a bruised rib?
- have you been to a doctor or just assume it is only bruised? You could have a more serious injury than you think. Ice will help but if you are in that much pain you need to have it looked at.
- How long does it take for a bruised rib to heal?
- If you go the ER and they take an x-ray and find that your rib is broken they will send you home with nothing more than a bill. Broken ribs don't get attention unless they are broken in 2 places and then it might be possible that the rib co...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it normal for a bruised rib to still hurt after 3 weeks?
- Q: Going to re-ask this in a more simple fashion. It's been almost 3 weeks since I bruised a rib or two. The pain is WAY less than it was the first week or so, but still there, especially if a cough or sneeze. I'm wondering if this is normal, and about when I can expect it to feel totally normally again?
- A: Heaven's yes. That injury can take 3-6 months to go away!
- how long does it take for a bruised rib to heal?
- Q: my girlfriend bruised her rib playing soccer and was told she should use a brace but i have no clue what it looks like or where i can get one and is it expensive? does it take longer to heal if you play volleyball while its bruised?
- A: Bruised her rib?You bruise soft tissue. Bones don't bruise. If she was told to get a brace (by whom? a doctor?), then it means she may have a broken rib. Your doctor should be able to determine which it is and exactly what she needs.If there is a possibility she may have a broken rib, she shouldn't be playing games, or she might damage the wound further..
- I am not pregnant, but every time I sneeze or cough my right side really hurts. It might be a bruised rib?
- Q: I sneezed teh other day it really hurt. I don't remember doing anything to my rib, but it's been bothering me for a while now. I don't think it's broken just bruised. What should I do to make it better?
- A: bruised or pulled muscle. or strained muscle. if it gets any worse go to the doctors could be more serious.
Prev Question: What is a natural remedy for curing nausea
People also view