Can you die from lack of sleep
Yes, usually this is the result of the fact that the immune system is weakened without sleep. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-die-from-lack-of-sleep ]
More Answers to "Can you die from lack of sleep"
- Well the body needs energy and instead of drinking energy drinks eg:lucozade, you should catch up on sleep! Scientists say that a human needs at least 7 hours sleep! so yes lack of sleep can kill you!
- Yes, there is an extremely rare condition (not sure what it's called) where your body just can't sleep, no matter how tired you are. I think the limit is about 10 days before your body shuts down because it doesn't have sleep to repair itse...
- The most likely way of dying from not sleeping enough is by falling asleep at the wheel, that's where most accidents - most deaths - would occur. Although we know from the animal experiments that it's possible to kill animals through sleep ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can I die from lack of sleep?
- Q: I'm 12, I go to bed at around midnight, and wake up around 7. If I continue this lifestyle, can and how long would it take for me to die from lack of sleep? How much time will it take off my life?
- A: No. Brain damage is silly too. Most i've gone is 25 hours.read on.
- Can you really die from lack of sleep or sensory deprivation?
- Q: I find the human mind truly fascinating, could someone please explain to me how lack of sleep could kill you? How would it work?Sensory deprivation can mess up peoples minds pretty good, can someone tell me what kind of bizare thoughts would occur? How would this kill you? Would your brain shutdown or something?Since this is too dangerous to experiment with I guess I will have to leave it to someone else to enlighten me.Thanks in advance.
- A: Lack of sleep doesn't kill you, well, it could if you didn't sleep, but your body shuts down and forces you to sleep after a while. It's kind of like you don't die from holding your breath, after a while you pass out and start breathing again. Sleep is important because it restores your energy and a lot of important body processes that are important for your health and well-being take place while you're sleeping.Sensory deprivation for extended periods of time is a form of torture. I guess it is more psychological than physical. If you are deprived of one of your senses for an extended period of time you can just start to go crazy, kind of like if you had to spend the rest of your life listening to fingernails on a blackboard. You would just go crazy.I don't really understand this either, I'm not a doctor, but it's interesting to speculate about.
- Can you die from lack of sleep?
- Q: I barely get any sleep because I have a lot to do at night, then I have to wake up early in the morning for school.Could I die from only getting 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night?Because, I feel like I could die!
- A: you can die from a lack of sleep, yes. its called exhaustion. you, my dear, are not even close to that. the most issues you'll probably have are cosmetic and yawning! dont worry hun. you're just fine. i would, however, suggest, because you sound like a growing young lady, suggest that you get as much sleep as you can on the weekends! :)
Prev Question: What is a sty of the eye
People also view