Can rabies kill humans
Yes, but only if left untreated. Rabies is a virus that affects the central nervous system of any mammal, including humans. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-rabies-kill-humans ]
More Answers to "Can rabies kill humans"
- Will rabies ever kill human species?
- Yes, rabies can kill humans. Rabies, in humans, causes a fear of water = dehydration, it can also give you a high fever and massive headaches. If yo die from Rabies, it is hard to figure out what killed you, it takes multiple tests and diss...
- Why don't humans get Immunization Rabies shots? instead we brutal...?
- There is a rabies vaccine for people. It is recommended for animal control workers, shelter employees and trappers who might be in contact with coyotes, foxes and raccoons. The shot is expensive and the odds of being bit by a rabid animal a...
- How long does it takes for Rabies to kill a human??
- It varies depending on the site of infection. Rabies will kill an individual once the infection spreads to the central nervous system (CNS), such as the spinal chord, whereupon the virus will spread eventually to the brain, leading to dea...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why don't humans get Immunization Rabies shots? instead we brutally kill?
- Q: innocent dogs/amimals just 2 confirm it is not rabid.And most of the time they are rabies free.
- A: There is a rabies vaccine for people. It is recommended for animal control workers, shelter employees and trappers who might be in contact with coyotes, foxes and raccoons. The shot is expensive and the odds of being bit by a rabid animal are so small for most people it is unnecessary. The risk of side effects from the shot is higher than the risk of contacting rabies for most people.
- Does Rabies have the same affect on humans as it has on dogs??
- Q: i mean dogs go crazy and kill everything, but if a human got rabies will they go crazy.Can rabbits go crazy, my rabbit Combo is trying to bite me!!
- A: its a brain infection and very painful thats why the dogs go crazy because of the pain i dont know about humans but i suppose they go a mad and try to hurt others too
- Rabies in humans?????
- Q: Tonight I got bitten by a stray cat. Already went to hospital and got checked out. Animal control is picking him up tomorrow for testing..If he ends up having it, I will have to get the shots. Does anyone know how much they are (i know they are expensive)? And how long do I have to get them? (how long does it take for rabies to kill someone :///)Thanksand how long does it take for symptoms to show?o and one more question...if i start to show symptoms early and still havnt started the shots (they are observing him for 10 days), is it too late to start the shots?
- A: It doesn't matter how expensive they are, rabies is a serious health issue that can and probably will kill you. If you do have it then get the shots as soon as possible. Once symptoms start showing you're in serious trouble.
Prev Question: What is a skin ulcer
People also view