Can I die from the swine flu
It's easy to get swine flu but less than 5 per cent of infected patients die of the disease.So, yes, it can kill you easily. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-i-die-from-the-swine-flu ]
More Answers to "Can I die from the swine flu"
- Yes you could. For that matter, you could die from any strain of the flu if the symptoms get bad enough. Don't worry about it.
- As I have said, most probably not, all you have to do is make sure you get treated well. Mexico had a semi-high rate was because there health care is lower in standards compared to the US.
- People only die from swine flu, once they develop complications like viral or bacterial pneumonia, bronchitis or infections of the central nervous system. Swine flu will also worsen pre-existing medical conditions as with any flu
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many people in an average year die from swine flu?
- Q: This is for a class project. i don't care how many people have died in 2009. I've been trying to find out in an average year, with out any pandemics or anything like that, how many people die from swine flu?
- A: I think you have a misunderstanding about the question of the class project. There's no average year for this Influenza A "swine" flu because it's new. Your project might ask about average influenza deaths per year and those are up to 500 000 per year worldwide.Regarding "yarpa darpa"'s long answer: It's amazing that you quote and wrote so much and yet could get it so wrong.The designation H1N1 has nothing to do with "the first virus of the year". The designations have to do with the proteins that are part of the influenza virus and the different genes it has to express these.The reason why it was called "swine flu" first was that the strand was 2 parts swine influenza, 1 part human influenza, and 1 part avian influenza, so it caught on like that. However, when all this confusion arose about pigs and pork and several countries rushed to kill thousands of healthy pigs they decided to change the name, because it's an inaccurate name that leads plenty of people to the wrong conclusions. Nevertheless, this swine/human/avian Influenza A H1N1 IS a new influenza virus.On the contrary the seasonal influenza this year is human influenza A (H1), A (H3), and B.
- How should I be buried after I die from swine flu?
- Q: What is the safest way to have my family dispose of my lifeless body after I inevitably catch and die from swine flu?I mean a traditional burial sounds fine, but will burning me to ashes prevent the spread of diseases to worms and other underground life? How do you guys want to be buried after swine flu gets you?
- A: Well FIRST OF ALL: Dont touch anybody and eat healthy and wash your hands and then WE ARE FINEthe only reason people got it are: MEXICO: they have poor healthcare and bad waterCanada/US: They either traveled to Mexico or Touched somebody that had it.But I f i do die, I want to be buried with a ps3 so I can play Call Of Duty 5 on it :)
- What kind of people die from the Swine Flu?
- Q: Who dies from Swine Flu? Is it just the old and frail or can it also kill healthy people? Is anyone else scared shitless like me?
- A: In the US, no one has died from this flu; cases here have been mild. There are 1400 cases thus far (among billions of people). All 20 reported deaths are in Mexico. Always, the very young, the physically compromised, and the elderly are at greatest risk. Here is a summary of things you can do to avoid this (and any other) flu: http://www.ehow.com/how_4932277_avoid-swine-flu-infection.htmlHere, same site, how to avoid swine flu PANIC: http://www.ehow.com/how_4933117_avoid-swine-flu-panic.htmlDo what you can to reduce your exposure, and stay informed. Right now, there is much more concern about the potential of the virus to mutate into something more dangerous, or to spread quickly enough to overwhelm health care systems. We're NOT there, yet, and may not GET there. Panic NOT!
Prev Question: What are the symptoms of depression in teenage girls
People also view