Can Bronchitis turn into Pneumonia
Untreated, bacterial bronchitis can turn into pneumonia. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-bronchitis-turn-into-pneumonia ]
More Answers to "Can Bronchitis turn into Pneumonia"
- How Does Bronchitis Turn Into Pneumonia?
- Bronchitis is a respiratory disorder that usually develops due to a cold or acute respiratory infection, and is caused by bacteria. Bronchitis is the inflammation of the lining in your bronchial...
- Why do colds "turn into" pneumonia, bronchitis or other...?
- Colds don't turn into more serious illnesses on their own. When simple symptoms escalate, it is always because they were initially suppressed with medications and remedies, or because the sufferer continued to indulge the causes of the orig...
- Is my bronchitis turning into pneumonia?
- Yes, it is very possible to contract a secondary infection when you have bronchitis, such as pneumonia. The only way to tell is to go back to your physician and he will listen to your lungs and possibly order a chest x-ray to see what is ha...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are the chances of Bronchitis turning into Pneumonia?
- Q: I have Bronchitis right now, have had it for only 3 days, but I'd like to the know the chances of it turning into Pneumonia if I am around occasional second hand smoke?(don't say I cant be around it because I have to, not 24/7, but sometimes)
- A: As you must already know it's best to avoid second hand smoke otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question. However, if you are taking your antibiotics, getting the correct amount of rest and making sure that you are providing your body with the proper nutrition, hydration and rest you shouldn't progress into pnuemonia. Unfortunately, it sounds as though you are unable to get the required rest and this concerns me as your body needs rest to heal. please do the best the your can and get as much rest as posible. Otherwise you will have a pneumonia on your hands and you won't be able to go to work, you will be in the hospital fighting for your life.
- I have Bronchitis, can it turn into pneumonia?
- Q: I went to the doctor on Tuesday (3 days ago) and he told me i had Bronchitis... He put me on Augmentin 875-125 and recommended Robitussin 3 times a day... My cough is getting worse and nothing is coming up (very dry cough). Can this turn into Pneumonia? I am going back to the Dr. tomorrow but would like to know some opinions!I am a smoker also
- A: Yes it certainly is a possibilty. You might try Mucinex. It's OTC and relatively cheap.Also try a hot shower or bath and breathe in the steam.Have a cup of hot chocolate or tes and sip it slowly. The sipping part is important. God bless and hope you feel better soon. Trust your doctor.
- I am afraid my bronchitis might turn into pneumonia?
- Q: I have had bronchitis for about 10 days now. I thought i was getting a little better yesterday but last night I coughed like I have never coughed before and I was having a lot of trouble breathing, even now I am like that. It is worse when I lie down too. Not to mention that my lungs feel like they are going to give out at any second because they are weak. The thing is, I already went to my doctor last Thursday about it and he gave me Advair, no antibiotics. I went to a different doctor a couple days ago and she gave me antibiotics, but it doesn't feel like it is helping. I don't want to keep bugging my doctor, but I also would like to see if this could be pneumonia. Do you think I should wait it out a couple of days and see if I am better or should I really go into the doctor as soon as possible?
- A: I go through this every year 3 or 4 times a year. Just take your antibiotic like you are supposed to. It doesn't just go away over night beccause you take it. It takes usually several days before you notice a difference. I would say if you are not getting any better after 7 days then make that phone call and bug your doc and don't feel bad about it..make sure you take all your perscription that is important to follow it through or your infection will not go away.
Prev Question: What is spina bifida occulta
People also view