Can a person get shingles more than once
Most people wont get shingles more than once,they develop an immunity.Only about 1% to 5% of individuals will suffer a recurrence. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-a-person-get-shingles-more-than-once ]
More Answers to "Can a person get shingles more than once"
- Can a person get shingles more than once?
- Yes. Shingles is caused by the Varicella Zoster Virus (VZV), also known as the chicken pox. Once you recover from the chicken pox, the virus stays dormant in your system. Then later, when you are older, the VZV resurfaces as shingles. You c...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can a person have "Shingles" more often than once?
- Q: I know that shingles is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox, and you get chicken pox only one time. Is this true with Shingles also?
- A: "Shingles" is just another form of the herpes virus (chikenpox, coldsores, etc.) Do you know the difference between love and herpes?Herpes lasts forever!~
- Can a person have shingles more than once?
- A: yes and it can be dangerouse,, i had a friend die from complicaitions
- Can a person get shingles more than once.?
- A: Unfortunately yesI have had them twice, they are very painful, if you recognise symptoms early enough you can get treatment, which may lesson the severity of the attack. A bit like having rolled in a bed of stinging nettles, itchy and prickly all in one, but hurts to touch. I found taking L-lysine helps reduce the attack and sometimes I have avoided a full blown attack. Try reduce stress levels, and maintain a healthy diet, (fruit and vegies) also helps.
Prev Question: What is the definition of multiple sclerosis
People also view