Are tanning beds bad for you
Just like tanning outside, tanning indoors damages your skin. -ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-tanning-beds-bad-for-you ]
More Answers to "Are tanning beds bad for you"
- yes tanning beds are horrible for you. u could get skin cancer and have to get it cut out and it hurts. ive had experience
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) share responsibilities in the regulation of sunlamps and tanning devices. They help in answering "are tanning beds bad for you?" The FDA enforces regu...
- I am a 16-year-old female and I have been considering going to a tanning bed. I have heard that they are very bad for your health, but I wanted a doctor’s opinion. Well, in my opinion, along with thousands of others and the U.S. government ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Are tanning beds bad for you?
- Q: I'm going to the beach in a month and im white white white. I want to build up a base tan before I go to the beach. If not, I'll fry like a lobster. Are tanning beds bad for you? Is their another way to go about this?
- A: Tanning beds aren't the best for you... but there are ways you can be careful when using them. I must admit, when I'm pastey white I use the tanning bed for a base tan before the beach. If you have month to get ready go once a week and make sure to use tanning lotion (helps keep your skin from drying out) and the pick the tanning bed that is 90% tan and not the one that is 90% burn. There is a difference, so ask someone there. Good luck!
- Why has it taken 30 years for the health experts to decide how bad tanning beds are for you?
- Q: Now after about 30 years they are all of a sudden saying tanning beds are as bad as cigarettes? There is no way it took that long to determine that, so what is the deal? I'm kind of mad about it since they said tanning beds were safer than getting in the sun for so long and everyone trusted them!
- A: There have been reports of tanning beds increasing cancer rates for years. I heard that the 1st time before I had any friends that fake baked (probably 10 years ago). I don't think most people care if it is not as safe though because you see people outside sunbathing and they go to tanning beds when it starts getting too cold. I would also wonder-why you would trust them so much when the problem with the sun is too much UV exposure and tanning beds tan you using UV bulbs-that's why you are supposed to wear the eye protection. As far as taking so long, if you are going to do a lot of high quality studies that mean something-they take time (especially if you are looking at cancer rates because cancer can take years to develop) and money.
- tanning beds or outside tanning more bad for your skin?
- Q: Is tanning beds worse for your skin then tanning outside? why or why not? thanks!
- A: Actually both can be good or bad. It's a matter of moderation. Overexposure from the sun causes sunburn and every time you burn, you damage your skin and increase your chances for skin cancer. In moderation, sunshine is beneficial and vital for our good health. The same can be said for tanning beds. Tanning beds can increase the chances for developing skin cancer because the rays are highly concentrated. Some dermatologists recommend tanning beds to some of their patients for some skin conditions. As long as the tanning bed is used in moderation, it can be "safe".The problem is that most people do not believe in moderation and tend to over-indulge.
Prev Question: What are symptoms for mange
People also view