Does the flu shot cover h1n1
No, Most people will need one shot for the regular seasonal flu and probably two others to protect against the new swine flu..Studies on the vaccine are still being conducted. Thanks for using ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-the-flu-shot-cover-h1n1 ]
More Answers to "Does the flu shot cover h1n1"
- Does the flu shot cover h1n1
- No, Most people will need one shot for the regular seasonal flu and probably two others to protect against the new swine flu..Studies on the vaccine are still being conducted. Thanks for using ChaCha
- Will my plan cover flu shots?
- Call the member or customer service number for your insurance. This number is usually found on the back of your insurance card. Some plans fully cover flu shots, but if not, you will be billed for the shot. For the H1N1 vaccine, it is provi...
- Will My Health Insurance Plan Cover a Flu Shot?
- Most major health insurance carriers provide flu shots to their policy-holders, but not always. It’s a good idea to check with your health insurance company before getting your vaccination. Even if your health insurance provider doesn’t pro...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does Pregnant only Medi-Cal cover shots?
- Q: I'm 26 weeks pregnant and have limited medi-cal coverage for pregnancy only. Would that cover the seasonal flu shot and h1n1 shot? I'd call and ask but I'd rather not be on hold for 2 hours just for a simple answer.
- A: it doesn't, paid for the shots.You pay for all other expenses,I pay for all my prescription medicine(iron supplements)even though prescribed by my midwife except for prenatal vitamin.
- Whatt kinds of reactions do people get after the H1N1 flu vaccination?
- Q: Since it is not covered by the regular flu shot, it is still pretty much a brand new big pharmaceutical industry field. Big pharma seems to be getting as lot of negative publicity lately eg.***************************************************************************The Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex: A Deadly Fairy TaleBy Dr. Doug Henderson and Dr. Gary NullURL of this article: www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=15758Global Research, October 21, 2009Progressive Radio Network - 2009-10-20It has been a particularly bad month for the pharmaceutical industrial complex in its ongoing litigations in American courts. Among the main pharmaceutical headlines, Merck s Gardasil vaccine for HPV, now being widely administered to pre-teens, was found to be linked to amyltrophic lateral sclerosis, commonly known as Lou Gehrig s disease; following a $1.4 billion fine in promoting one of its blockbuster drugs Zyprexa off-label, deceptive correspondence was uncovered by Eli Lilly gaming the system again by promoting another one of its drugs, Cymbalta, off-label for fibromyalgia; AstraZeneca was fined $160 million for scamming the Medicaid system in Kentucky after being fined $215 million for ripping off Alabama; Glaxo lost a Pennsylvania trial for failing to warn doctors and pregnant women of the dangers of its antidepressant drug Paxil related to birth defects; and Pfizer scored a record-breaking fine of $2.3 billion for illegally marketing several drugs over the years: Bextra, Zyvox, Geodon and Lyrica. These kinds of charges, among the many others, have become a habit for drug makers for the past dozen years. When we speak of the pharmaceutical industry complex, it does not refer solely to private drug manufacturers. The complex, like a Matrix that holds captive the health of the nation in medical slavery by its own design and manipulation, is a consortium, a spiders web woven with financial attachments throughout the medical profession. In addition to the pharmaceutical and medical device firms, this complex includes every government health agency the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and or course the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as well as drug lobbying firms now employing a large number of former Congresspersons, insurance and HMO companies, all of the leading professional medical associations such as the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American Psychiatric Association (APA), the majority of medical schools and their research departments who are heavily funded by drug money, many of the most prestigious medical journals, and ultimately all of this filtering downward to the physicians who diagnose our illnesses and prescribe our medications and treatments. America is rightly regarded as having led much of the world in many qualitative innovations in all fields. That reputation is duly deserved. However, there is a new dynamic at work that is causing this reputation to be challenged. We are a nation that prides itself in our humanity, our sense of fairness, but today there is a growing concern that we are now being monikered as a country held hostage to a national security complex, which includes the largest military complex in the world, an obscenely expensive healthcare system and self-serving bureaucracies and private industries that serve their own financial ends. So it is not surprising that after spending this year $2.6 trillion on healthcare, we have such little health to show for it. There are second world countries where people live longer and healthier lives. And we have the worst healthcare among developed nations. So what have we received for our $2.6 trillion. As the current healthcare debate continues to rage over in sundries the $200 billion net profit health insurance industry the entire deliberation over disease prevention and treatment has been overshadowed. And amidst this partisan and ideological anarchy, perpetuated by our elected officials, the media, and fueled by the pharmaceutical complex, two other areas America excels as a leader above all other developed nations is in being the premier breeding ground for the pharmaceutical industrial complex s greatest profits and, second, as the world s exemplar in medical fraud and corruption. The fairy tale of America s health as being best served by drugs is a creation of this complex, a lullaby that brings ill citizens repeatedly to their doctors and hospitals for diagnosis and treatment, or simply to deny healthcare altogether to the uninsured.The country is pacified by a blind belief that the drugs being prescribed to them have been proven safe because our government health agencies have our physical health and well-being in their best intentions. This is a lie, an extraordinarily deadly lie. Iatrogenesis, medically induced injury and death, is the number one cause of death in Am
- A: Even before reading the info from the 1st poster..I alone with many others..suspected the same thing. This is the governments solution to wipe out a lot of our population, along with..abortion. Who is trying to make abortion be paid for by tax payers???? obama !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read into his extreme voting records to ban botched abortion infants being born alive and thrown into a dirty soiled laundry room-shelved to die, when 2 nurses testified before him and he was 'unfazed" by their testimonies. We are in a war, the worst economy since the great depression, and obama promises planned parenthood his commitment to abortion...“the first thing I’d do as president” is sign the FOCA, which would clearly invalidate all state and federal policies limiting funding for abortion, as the bill’s chief sponsors and advocates openly proclaim. Moreover, in the Illinois senate obama voted against restricting public funding for elective abortions. It's not like roe vs wade will every be overturned..So, why is he so hell bent on making it his 1st priority???????? Killing off our own people for any reason, is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Confused about flu vaccine with "a little" H1N1?
- Q: Yesterday my 10 year old daughter and I got what we were first told by my doctors office was the H1N1 vaccine. It wasn't until afterward when we were told it wasn't covered by our insurance, (the REAL H1N1 vaccine IS covered) that they told us what we received was a seasonal flu shot that had "some" H1N1 in it, more specifically it has H1 and H3, but not H2. They could not tell me the name of it, or the manufacturer because they didn't know, and the doctor wasn't in. They suggested calling a pharmacy to see if they had the "second" dose we would need. I really want my daughter protected against the swine flu, she has had pneumonia in the past. The pharmacy I just called had no idea what I was talking about, and also said the H1N1 vaccine would be delayed until Dec. or January. Does anyone know what this vaccine we received called? Thank you!
- A: you need to get a lawyer and have him call your doctor, if what you describe is what happened, that clinic broke the law. First, there is no vacinne with "a little" H1N1 in it. The seasonal vaccine protects against three human flu viruses and not H1N1 at all. If they had the vaccine, they had the information on it and they are required to provide you with the vaccine information whether you ask for it or not. Since you did ask for it and they did not provide it, they have broken the law and you have a basis for a law suit.H1N1 is being made available on a priority basis, suggest you contact your county health department to find out where you can get the correct vaccine for you and your child.
Prev Question: Is president Obama and family getting the H1N1 shot
People also view