What is better to use for congestion a humidifier or vaporizer
The National Institutes of Health recommends the use of humidifiers to help relieve congestion from cold, flu, & sinus infections. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-better-to-use-for-congestion-a-humidifier-or-vaporizer ]
More Answers to "What is better to use for congestion a humidifier or vaporizer"
- What is better to use for chest congestion a vaporizer or a humid...?
- Either one may help if your child has a cold. The moist air they create can loosen congestion and may make the throat feel better.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Using a Vaporizer for my 9month old son for the 1st time?
- Q: I have a 9 month old son. He is really congested. I already took him to see his doctor. They just recommended nose drops only. The thing is he is really congested & has a lot of mucus building up in his nose. He sometimes seems to choke or cough on his mucus, especially when he wakes up. The doctor really didn’t give him any other medication b/c he isn’t fevering & his eating & bowel movements are perfectly normal. But I really just want to get rid of congestion. It makes me feel so bad for him. He seems so agitated & uncomfortable sometimes.Anyways, I borrowed a Vicks Vaporizer from my sister in law & am gonna use it today after work. I don’t have instructions w/ it & never used one before. •How much of the vapor solution do I put in for a 9month old baby? On the bottle, I think it says a table spoon for every quart of water. Do I stick w/ those directions for a baby too?•Do vaporizers work? •What’s the difference between a vaporizer and a humidifier? •Does anyone have any suggestions to make my baby feel better & make his congestion go away? I really want to get him as well as possible before thanksgiving on Thursday.Thank you all in advance for all answers & suggestions. I appreciate it.
- A: I would just ask your SIL how to use it because each vaporizer is different. But 1 tablespoon to one quart of water sounds right. I found that the vaporizers do work...but I also would seal up the bathroom, run the shower on hot for about 5 minutes and let the bathroom get nice and steamy. Then I would sit in there with my kids for about 5 minutes. This helped a lot. I also noticed warm baths are good. It helps get all that stuff out of their noses.
- Help with Nasal Congestion in Cat?
- Q: Parker has been sick all his life. He was diagnosed with Calici and Herpes virus. His vet also thinks he probably has an auto immune disease of unknown type. He threw a clot into his back leg this summer but with physiotherapy his pulse in the leg is stronger and he walks better. He is 8 years old. For the past two years he has been taking doxycycline 100mg daily and every 5 to 6 weeks he gets a shot of Depo Medrol - a steroid. His mouth used to be a real mess but the removal of most teeth and excess tissue helped. A few months ago he also started taking Lysine paste with his food. This helped the inflammation and ulcerations in his mouth. He has been eating K/D for over a year and is force fed. But nothing has been helpful for his nose. He has copious amounts of mucus that either spill down his face or clog up and then the mucus runs out his mouth in long ropes. A lot of toilet paper gets used here. I run a cool mist humidifier for him (doesn't help), we can only get nose drops like Dristan and Otrivin and they don't help. I've tried vaporizers with Vick's and various other additives - no help. All I can do is sit there and pick out his nose every hour or so and hope it stays clear for a bit. Most antibiotics have no effect on him. I have noticed that there are a lot of "natural" cures offered on the computer. I've tried a few that promised to boost his immune system but they did nothing so I am not eager to try more useless things. His nose does clear after he gets fed but I think it is the excitement and annoyance of being force fed that gets him sneezing and clearing his nose. His nose isn't always as full of mucus but I have yet to discover a pattern to when and what causes it to clear. The steroid shot helps but not completely and obviously we would like to get away from the shots altogether. Any ideas or thoughts. He is not miserable or suffering so any thoughts along those lines are not welcome.Thanks for the link. Will try to order in a few months when stuff in mail will not freeze solid, Northern Ontario Canada right now -24 degrees.
- A: Firstly, I want to tell you how lucky Parker is to have such a caring owner as yourself! I think it is terrific all the things that you have helped him with. Secondly, I know that you've said that you've tried various natural cures but that they did nothing for Parker, however, I am personally a strong believer in herbs as an alternative to allopathic medicines that are prescribed by Vets these days. That being said, have you tried using Respiratory Aid that is made by the Pet Wellbeing.com company?Both of my cats have cancer and one of them has trouble breathing. He often would have a lot of mucus and very raspy breathing too. I would give him 7 drops directly on his tongue of Respiratory Aid twice a day for about a month. I only started noticing a huge difference in my cat after using this stuff for about a month and a half. Most herbal formulas do require some time in order to build up in the cats body. Here is the link in case you have'nt tried it: http://www.petwellbeing.com/cat-cough-p75.cfmSomething else that I found helped, was letting him sit in the bathroom whilst I took a shower. The hot steam really seemed to help him sleep better at night.Good luck with Parker!
Prev Question: What does it mean when your tongue feels like its burnt when you have the flu
People also view