What causes an irregular heart rate
A:The irregular beating, called arrhythmia, can be caused by coronary artery disease, electrolyte imbalances in your blood, (MORE) [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-an-irregular-heart-rate ]
More Answers to "What causes an irregular heart rate"
- Can rogaine cause irregular heart rate?
- On One Hand: Rogaine Can Cause Irregular Heart Rate Topical minoxidil (brand-name Rogaine), a medication used to treat some forms of hair loss, can cause a heart rate that is fast or irregular, according to the Mayo Clinic and Medline Plus....
- Are low metabolism, low resting heart rate and irregular heart be...?
- "Not related." While increasing heart rate during excercise is good, it is better and more healthy to have a lower resting heart rate. A lower resting heart rate means that your heart is stronger and can more efficiently work. Mar...
- Why does my dog have irregular heart rate?
- All young mammals have rate differences during inhaling and exhaling. Humans do too. Did you actually have a vet check it, or are you just worried about something you hear? Electrical problems of the node are congenital if the vet happen...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What can cause a fast heart rate at rest ,or an irregular heart beat?
- A: Heart rate is affected by loss of volume (dehydration, bleeding etc...), increased oxygen demand (exercise, trouble breathing etc...)or an electrical / mechanical/ chemical problem. If you are at rest and have not had any loss of volume, then the best bet is that there is a chemical problem with your electrolytes (sodium, calcium, potassium...), or you have an issue in how your heart is conducting the impulse to beat. You without a doubt need to see a Dr. and have this evaluated with bloodwork and an EKG study. It is not normal and can be dangerous. If not, you might get to meet myself or one of my colleagues. I am a paramedic.
- What can cause my friend to have an irregular heart beat?
- Q: At times his heart is beating two times it's normal rate. His Dr. gave him some meds. to slow it down. That did not work, so his Dr. doubled the the amount. He (my friend) has high blood pressure, high cholesterol. He smokes and does not take care of his body. He's 37.His father passed away in 2000 at the age of 52
- A: then count on your friend dieing young too. If he doesn't change his ways he will follow in his father's footsteps right to the grave. His heart is telling him that now, apparently he isn't listening.
- irregular heart rate and rythem?
- Q: I have anxiety so i have been seeing a doctor. this visit he checked my blood pressure and my pulse and as soon as he checked my pulse me just kinds got this look on his face and said he wants me to get a EKG. the there we some irregularities and he wanted it checked out. So I went for my EKG and now I need to wait till monday. What doesn this mean. Can anxiety cause this. I'm just more conserned becuse heart problems run in my family. I know my heart rate has always been in the high side. around 100. But my blood presure has always been very low. So I thought nothing of it. any ideas. He started me on Klonopin, it help me sleep and it help the anxiety durring the day. so far it hasn't halped me sleep but it has helped relax me. so I guess that's a start. any thoughs. thanks for listening to me reamble.Harm
- A: Occasional irregular heart beats in an otherwise healthy person with no heart disease is nothing to be afraid of. It can occur with coffee and alcohol intake as well. If you have no other symptoms, it should be fine to wait for the results. Any fresh symptoms should prompt you go to the hospital. Good relaxation will also reduce the irregularity in heart beats and make you feel much better.
Prev Question: What did Reggie White of the Green Bay Packers die of
People also view