What can you give to a child who has the stomach flu
Give the child an oral rehydration solution that you can buy at a drug, grocery, or discount store without a prescription. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-you-give-to-a-child-who-has-the-stomach-flu ]
More Answers to "What can you give to a child who has the stomach flu"
- What can you give to a child who has the stomach flu
- Give the child an oral rehydration solution that you can buy at a drug, grocery, or discount store without a prescription. ChaCha
- Should I give my child milk or milk substitute if he has stomach ...?
- My daughter at 18 months had the stomach flu and everytime I gave her milk she got sick and threw it back up. You could give her a little and see what happens. Everything that I have read states to stay away from milk products because it up...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it too much to have a kind, caring mother in law who doesn't give you a hard time each time you talk?
- Q: Our whole family..myself, children, and her beloved son were all sick this entire weekend with a stomach flu..throwing up..ect..she's upset with us for not answering the phones... can she just be happy that we are better now? What is her deal?This isn't the first time she freaks out about something..it's like every time we talk to her..why don't you call me every day..why don't you love me..why this what that...our oldest daughter says she doesn't even want to spend time with her or see her because she always trying to make her feel bad.
- A: It's a control issue - and as far as I'm concerned, you have the choice of whether to answer YOUR phone or not. You have a phone for your convenience, not hers. She should be glad to hear you are all feeling better, and probably does, but she may have wanted to know you were sick so she could offer some help of maybe a meal, or getting some medicine or whatever.
- school starts soon how to deal with emetophobia with small children?
- Q: my children are 5 soon to be 6 and i have a 3 year old i get really bad in the winter and i spend most of my time bleaching the house and acting crazy trying to avoid them getting sick i dont even go places all winter in fear one of them will get sick.im concidering homeschooling simply to calm me down i know theres meds for it and i know a lot of you will simply think im crazy but i dont care i know theres other people who have this and understand and im just asking YOU how to u cope with it what tips can you give me.emetophobia (fear of vomiting fear of being sick) my fear is really just of my kids catching the stomach flu bug..
- A: As a homeschooling mom I do have to say... your children will be around others and likely get sick even if you homeschool. Homeschoolers have lots of group classes/activities and homeschooling family's trade germs plenty.Homeschooling *is* however very, very flexable. So when you are not coping with your problem well (or when you have heard the group has something going around) you can choose to keep the kids home from an activity or two that day. It won't leave them 'behind' in their work... you set the pace! In public/private school you would either have to send them anyway or worry about them catching up. This way... you could worry on *one* thing at a time at least.Hope that helps! (Feel free to email me or ask questions on the homeschooling section if you'd like more info on homeschooling. :))ETA: Homeschoolers social events are rarely 'set up' by any outside force. Homeschooling parents get together and form theater groups, art classes, 4H clubs, park days, etc. Nobody is going to *make* you sign up for any of these... but your kids will want (and deserve) to be a part of some of them. The only thing is you don't get 'behind' in academics if you have to miss a few times.
- Stepchildren puking and having diarrhea every visit over the last two months? what do i do?
- Q: Ok I have two step children who are 5 (girl) and almost 7 (boy) that visit my husband and I every other week. I think its a horrendous arrangement for the two kids. The boy is the only one in school, but now since I have finished student teaching and my husband has been working third shift I have been spending more time with the step children than their father did while I was finishing school. I have wanted to get a job but my husband makes it impossible because his son needs to be driven to school and picked up every day because the kid doesnt go to school in our district (thanks to his mother). My husband makes accusations to me like like "If you wanted to be a mother, you need to be a mother to all the children," meaning I shouldnt get upset about having to cart his kids every where. We have a 1 year old son together and I am due to give birth to another child (girl) in may. I think its an unfair statement considering he leaves the sole responsibility for his children on me. Any ways, the kids have been puking and having diarrhea shortly after they get to our house every time now for the last four visits which have been a span of about 2 months (every other week though). They puke in their beds or poop in the middle of the night every where. I think they are emotionally troubled and have allergy problems that are maybe draining into their stomach. Sometimes they get sick before going to bed too. At first I thought this was a flu bug for a couple of times...but it seems like a repeated thing. One kid gets sick first and is fine the next day, and then the other one gets sick a day or two later and appears fine the next day. I have cleaned and sanitized their rooms and washed their things inside and out. I have about had it! I have not gotten angry with them but i really feel there is a psychological issue going on with them and that they need help but my husband does not agree and their mother is an idiot. There mother says they have not been getting sick at her house which makes me think that the kids dont want to be at our house most likely cuz their father ignores them mostly because he is working and sleeping constantly. I think that they need to be with us less often even if their mother is a piece of crap alcholic. The kids' mother is still their mother and they seem to want to be there instead of here. Their mother told me to ask them if they wanted to come home early (my husband blamed me for their answer) and they we wishy washy saying yes, no, yes, no and then finally saying yes. I think they are afraid to make anyone mad. My husband just thinks that Im a problem and I dont want them around but I truly think they need help. They are sullen and withdrawn and can never give straight answers about anything. And the five year old bawls if you ask her why she does ANYTHING whether it was something good or bad. She also cut her self with a razor inside when her dad was fixing a vehicle outdoors and put safety pins in my sons play pen.The boy puked chunks in his bed the other night and climbed down from his bunk covered in puke to supposedly come tell me he puked but did not come in my room he just called my name (this is what he told me when i asked) so of course i did not hear it. He layed down in the middle of our living room face down in his puke covered shirt and i discovered him because I had to change our one year old in the middle of the night. I was not happy about that at all. I was nice to the boy and explained that he needed to come in the room actually shake my arm or something. Of course he bawled too. I just dont know what to do about the behaviors that are being displayed. I have suggested counseling to my husband and their mother but neither agree. I dont know what to do. I have even tried showing more love and support to them by hugging them and saying i love you more often. I just dont know what to do. I have been with their father for almost three years, so the arrangement is not new to them. They eat healthy food at our house and their mother says they eat healthy food at her place too so i do not know what could be the issue. Their doctor even told me that she thinks they pyschological issues and that they need counseling. My husband and their mother wont agree to it because they are in denial. Any suggestions?Never said i didnt love the children but i do not think i should be forced to have sole responsibility. they have two parents that should be making the ultimate decisions and not forcing things upon me. i love them and will not be blamed for being an "evil stepmother" when that is not the case. yea i know i married the man and i agreed to help but not be be the only parent in the situation. comprende?my husband has cleaned up the vomit only once because he happened to be the first person my stepdaughter saw because he was sleeping on the couch and that was on the way to our bedroom. i have cleaned up the messes every other time and the kids were not yelled at they were just explained to that they need to try to make it to the bathroom but if not they need to puke in a trash can that is by their bed.for your info the kids' parents were never married...and yea i knew the situation when i got into it....never said i was perfect and dont claim to be....but i also did not sign up for sole responsibility..they have a real mother and father..and i am here to help when i can but this stress should not all be place upon me. yes the kids need help and i am not being selfish here because i am thinking of them. u watch and read to many stupid fairy tales and wallow in this sad sad world.
- A: I too am a stepmom. They kids come over everyother weekend and 2 out of the 3 kids are sick everytime! My husband and I have a 3 month old son together and now that he is here I don't want the other kids here if they are sick (one had strep throat and came over when our son was 3 weeks old and my hubby got mad at me when I told her to stay away from the baby). Your hubby sounds like mine. Mine is so confused about how to be a "good father" and feels guilty for leaving the kids mom and now having another child that he sees and is able to show afection to everyday. The guilt of not seeing their kids get to them in crazy ways and they don't want to be a bad father. This has caused MANY arguments and tears in my household. If the kids don't want to come over then they shouldn't have to. Another thing is you need to stand up to your hubby. You are the STEP mom not the stepON mom. There is no reason for you to be carting his kids around for him and his exwife! My hubby used to work on the weekends that he had his kids. I told him that his kids do not come to see me and that I was done being the babysitter that doesnt get paid! I told him to either find someone to watch them when they are over while I went and did my thing or he could quit his weekend job and spend time with his kids. After one weekend of me leaving and him having to call in to work, he quit the job and now stays home when the kids are over. Your hubby also does not need to speak to you the way he does. Why should you have to pay for his past and his guilty feelings? He needs to get his attitude in check! Good luck!
Prev Question: How many people are kill each year by the common cold
People also view