Why does your side hurt when running
It means the oblique muscle on your ribcage is not getting enough oxygen and is producing lactic acid,..MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-your-side-hurt-when-running ]
More Answers to "Why does your side hurt when running"
- Why does my side hurt when I run?
- It is a cramp in the muscle. If you are just starting to run on a daily basis or very often, your body is not used to it. When you run, you are using many muscles in your body that you don't use on a regular basis. So your body is trying to...
- Why does your side hurt after running for a period of time??
- Pain in the side while running or jogging is called a 'stitch'. It can happen even to the most seasoned of joggers every once in a while. It means the oblique muscle on your ribcage is not getting enough oxygen and is producing lactic acid,...
- What happens when you have a stitch(when your running and the sid...?
- Basically, the up and down motion of running causes internal organs to pull down on the diaphragm, which hurts.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why does your side hurt when you run?
- Q: When I did the fun run at my school (every friday it suckz)i run probably 6 laps around the gym and then all of a sudden on the left lower side of my stomach it hurts REALLY bad i couldn't run that day???The week before we had another fun run and i ran 23 laps?how come it happened then?? maybe i ate too much lol....and its not just me i know ALOT!!!! of people who have the same problem ?
- A: That is very normal for that to happen you are just getting a cramp in your stomach... It happens for many different reasons and it happens to almost everyone. I even get it sometimes... Don't worry about it, it is nothing serious, it just happens. Also, it happens sometimes when you drink too much water and it could happen if you eat too much. But don't worry it is fine.
- Why does it hurt on the left side of your stomach or abdominal area when you walk fast or start running?
- Q: it is not in the ribs but inside your organs, and it happens sometimes only. and im not trying to loose weight because im 5'9" and weight 136 pounds, actually, im trying to gain weight.
- A: I have the same problem except with my right side.It could be that your just out of shape and your muscles arent used to the work....Or you have damaged the rib, or the muscle between the rib, which causes you pain, or a "stitch", in your side.Edit: To answer to your EDIT,Ok, it might possibly be that you jolted your side which itself damaged the organ, or you hit your rib which bent in and damaged your organs.BTW: Your ribs can bend up to 2 inches.Another Edit:I myself had the pains because i was out of shape,I am 14 years old, 6'3" and 230 pounds.Edit again: Going to what the person after me said,if you get in better shape such as your abdomens,or strengthen your lungs which in turn will strengthen your diaphragm, the pain will become less and less.I suggest running and bearing the pain and waiting for your muscles to strengthen which will lessen the pain until you dont feel it anymore.I myself feel the pains less frequently now that I have entered sports.A really good one for it from my own experience is boxing.
- Why does my side hurt when I run?
- Q: I have noticed lately that when I run my right, and sometimes left, side seems to hurt almost to the point where I have to bend down cause it hurts so bad. People say that its because of my diet or drinking too much water, but it can't be, because I have a pretty good diet, and I don't drink too much water before I start running.Thanx!
- A: It is a cramp in the muscle. If you are just starting to run on a daily basis or very often, your body is not used to it. When you run, you are using many muscles in your body that you don't use on a regular basis. So your body is trying to keep up but its not used to the excerise. Try to stretch before you run, even your top half. That will allow your muscles to be relaxed and not so tight. When this happens to me when I run, I find that breathing out hard through my mouth helps to calm the muscle. Like the breathing pregnant women do when they are giving labor. It will help stretch & soothe your muscles. I know it sounds crazy but just give it a try. Breathe like that until the pain stops & keep running!
Prev Question: What is the best workout to get rock hard abs
People also view