When Should you drink muscle milk before or after you work out
Muscle Milk is more effective before a workout. After a workout, it doesn't work as well because of the lactic acid. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-should-you-drink-muscle-milk-before-or-after-you-work-out ]
More Answers to "When Should you drink muscle milk before or after you work out"
- Should I drink Muscle Milk before, during, or after working out??
- Drink one shake 1 hour before workout, one shake within 1 hour after your workout and one before you go to bed. When you sleep your body starts 'eating' your muslces, Muscle milk provides nutrients to keep your body from doing so. This is w...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Should I drink muscle milk before or after I work out?
- Q: I don't know whether I should drink it before or after. I think your suppose to drink it after to gain back the proteins you lost or something, but I'm a vegetarian so I don't really have proteins to start with.
- A: lol sucks for you....but veggies do have protiens...well first u need to know what muscle milk is....its a protien shake...u can take it before or after...doesnt matter...but make sure u take 2 dosages a day...and also look up some creatine supplements...since u dont eat any meat...then u have no creatine because creatine comes from red meat and that helps in building good muscles..
- Should I drink Muscle Milk before, during, or after working out?
- Q: I've been lifting for 5 or 6 months and have been drinking muscle milke within 30 minutes after my work out. I've become more muscular but I believe I should be a lot more meatier than I am after working out for 5 months straight. I'm also a thin build, but I don't think that should hinder my bodybuilding. Am I wrong? Should I drink it before or after my workout? Both?
- A: Drink one shake 1 hour before workout, one shake within 1 hour after your workout and one before you go to bed. When you sleep your body starts 'eating' your muslces, Muscle milk provides nutrients to keep your body from doing so. This is what a trainer told me... and it's whats on the bottle.
- Should i drink muscle milk before or after a workout?
- Q: I've seen answers that say you could drink it before,after, and half before and half after.So whens the best time to drink it?I'm 13 years old. Is it ok for me to drink muscle milk?
- A: Yes, it should be ok for you to drink muscle milk at 13 as it's composed of protein and carbohydrates which you are eating anyways in your diet. The only difference is that it's in powder form. However, when you say 'workout', do you meaning training with weights??? Are you using heavy weights (weights that you can lift for 6-8 maximum before getting exhausted)??? if yes, then I really stress that you're too young to start lifting. You should wait til about 18 or so to actually start training with heavy weights. You really don't want to start putting this kind of stress on your body til later. What's the rush anyways??? To answer your question though, this question gets asked more often enough and it's one of the most debatable questions in fitness today. "Do I take my protein shake before, during or after my workout"??? There is no real answer and I've seen arguments for all. You can benefit from drinking it at any of those times but the consensus and what I believe in as well is to drink it immediately after your workout (Within 1/2- 1hr hour at the most). This is when your body is 'hungry' for proteiin to repair the muscle fibers (which makes the muscle grow) and replenish glycogen (which you used up during your workout). The protein/carbs you take in during this period will promote 'anabolism' in your body (this promotes muscle growth while 'catabolism' promotes muscle decrease!. There is more to post workout nutrition than I've outlined here, I 've just grazed the topic.email me if you have any more firstname.lastname@example.org
Prev Question: What is the best way to do push ups an build the most chest muscle
People also view