Should you drink protein shake before during or after workout
There are different opinions on this, but the most popular suggestion is to drink protein shake after a workout to repair muscles. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/should-you-drink-protein-shake-before-during-or-after-workout ]
More Answers to "Should you drink protein shake before during or after workout"
- Is it best to drink protein shakes before during or after a worko...?
- Take it within 30 minutes of finishing your workout. This is when muscles need the protein to rebuild after training. Taking it beforehand is not really useful because when you are training your body diverts blood away from your digestive s...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is it best to drink protein shakes before during or after a workout?
- Q: and how long before or after??
- A: Take it within 30 minutes of finishing your workout. This is when muscles need the protein to rebuild after training.Taking it beforehand is not really useful because when you are training your body diverts blood away from your digestive system to the working muscles. Hence, it just sits in your stomach waiting for digestion to resume after you have completed your workout.
- should I drink protein shake before or after?
- Q: Is it better for me to drink a protein shake before I go workout or after I get done? I go and lift weights for about an hour, do ab work for about 30 minutes and then walk or jog for about 20 minutes. I go real early in the morning before I eat breakfast so that I burn more fat...but should I drink protein before during or after workout??so how many grams of protein should you get in at one time? I have heard that you shouldn't get more than 40 grams at a time or it just turns into glucose. I know there is a formula for how much you need in a day too but I don't know what that is either.
- A: After is the best. Because if before, you're only burning those protein. And if after, your taking in the protein, which is need to repair your work-out muscles, in order to increase.
- when do i drink my whey protein shake before , after , or during my workout?
- Q: to gain more muscle.
- A: After the workout is definitely the best time to take whey protein compared to any other time during the day. This is because your body is at its most anabolic. Also, it's highly recommended you take some sort of high uptake carb along with it. This will help raise insulin levels, which allows for even faster absorption of the protein and other nutrients.Taking protein before a workout is ok also, but this should be done an hour or more before the workout. Your body isn't going to utilize it as much as after a workout, but you want to give it time to digest before your workout if you can. You'd be better off having some carbs before your workout to supply your body with extra blood and muscle glycogens.
Prev Question: When do you reach your maximum height
People also view