How my laps in swimming are in a mile
If you are talking about a regular competition swimming pool you need to swim 33 laps (down and back). ChaCha!! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-my-laps-in-swimming-are-in-a-mile ]
More Answers to "How my laps in swimming are in a mile"
- How many laps in swimming makes a mile?
- 25meter pool = 64 lengths or 20meter pool = 80 lenghts
- How many swimming laps is equal to one mile?
- In a 25 yard length pool, it will take 70.4 laps to complete a mile (a lap = 1 length). I swim 72 laps and consider it a mile because who is going to stop 1/2 way through a lap?! It takes me about 30 minutes to swim a mile. How many calo...
- How many laps do you need to swim to make a mile??
- 33 laps (down and back) is equal to one swimming mile, or a 1650. This figure based on standard YMCA 25 yard pool
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How far is a mile in swimming? How many laps does it take?
- Q: I swim at the YMCA and i was wondering how many laps (25's or 50's) it would take to complete a mile.
- A: A mile is 5280 ft., or about 1609 meters. So I'm assuming you're "25's or 50's" would be meters, so a mile would be 32 times across the pool at 50 meters, or 16 times back-and-forth. So if you're swimming 25 meters at a time it would be double that, or 64 times across the pool, or 32 times back-and-forth.50 meters: 16 times back-and-forth, or 32 'laps'25 meters: 32 times back-and forth, or 64 'laps'
- In the YMCA Swimming Pool how many laps is 1 mile?
- Q: In the YMCA Swimming Pool how many laps (Deep to Shallow to Deep = 1 Lap) is 1 mile?
- A: a mile equals to a 1650 so 66 laps
- how many swimming laps is equal to one mile?
- Q: ...how many calories will this burn
- A: In a 25 yard length pool, it will take 70.4 laps to complete a mile (a lap = 1 length). I swim 72 laps and consider it a mile because who is going to stop 1/2 way through a lap?! It takes me about 30 minutes to swim a mile. How many calories you will burn will depend upon how vigorously you are swimming. I have read that on average, 700 calories are burned in an hour when swimming.
Prev Question: What is the best way to get abdominals
People also view