How much do you have to weight to donate plasma
A person must be at least 17 years old and they must weigh at least 110 pounds to donate blood or blood products for others. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-do-you-have-to-weight-to-donate-plasma ]
More Answers to "How much do you have to weight to donate plasma"
- Why is there a 110lb weight requirement to donate blood or plasma...?
- It could leave you anaemic and very weak, you are underweight and so not considered healthy enough, it could be detrimental to your own health and immunity.
- Does donating plasma help a person to lose weight?
- No, plasma is quickly replaced. Do NOT donate plasma for weight loss, donate to help others.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do i meet the required weight to donate plasma?
- Q: 19 year old male 140 pounds 5'11"can i donate plasma?
- A: The required minimum in most centers in 115 lbs. It doesn't matter how tall you are, they don't do a weight to height ratio, just weight.
- Why is there a 110lb weight requirement to donate blood or plasma?
- Q: I'm in my mid twenties, healthy as far as I know , exercise/eat well, and weigh in at 105 on average. I really would like to donate blood, but I'm just shy of the requirement. Just curious as to the side effects if somebody my size was able to donate.
- A: It could leave you anaemic and very weak, you are underweight and so not considered healthy enough, it could be detrimental to your own health and immunity.
- Help! can I die from donating too much blood plasma?
- Q: In California you only get $25 for each donation.The weight requirement to donate plasma is 110lb and I weigh just a little over that.I've been donating for a while now but last week,during the plasma transfusion I felt like fainting or dying.Can this be harmful to my health? should I stop doing this? because I really needed the money.
- A: Donating too much blood can be fatal and this has actually happened to people who were somewhat desperate for the payment. Donating blood once every 3 months (if you are a heavyweight) or 6 months (if you are a lightweight) is OK but any more than that is too often. Each donation has a (temporary) weakening effect and every time your iron level drops.
Prev Question: How much weight will i lose if i dont eat for a week
People also view