How many calories does swimming burn
Swimming can be a good workout to help you lose weight. A 150-pound woman swimming at a moderate pace for half an hour burns.MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-does-swimming-burn ]
More Answers to "How many calories does swimming burn"
- Hi, on this website: http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articl… by clicking on the " find the number of calories you burn during exercise" you'll just have to enter your weight, the duration of the activity and choose your type of ...
- The exact number of calories burnt in swimming or in any exercise is not fixed and there are other factors also, affecting the process. It can be body weight, conditioning level, intensity of workout and metabolism. The calories that are bu...
- Doing freestyle laps in the swimming pool burns anywhere from 450 to 700 calories an hour. The immensity of the butterfly stroke requires a full body workout. This swimming stroke provides the most calorie burn of all strokes at 650 to 950 ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories does swimming burn compared to other cardio?
- Q: The calorie counters on the machines I've used tell me that rowing burns the most calories, then the stair climber, then the treadmill, then the eliptical, and then the stationary bike (if those calorie counters are accurate). How many calories do I burn swimming compared to those other activities? A coach I know told me that swimming doesn't burn very many calories because the cool water prevents the body from heating up the way it does with other activities, is he right?
- A: Don't count on those machines. Running burns the most. Swimming is great all over body and low impact.
- How many calories does swimming burn?
- Q: I weigh 90 pounds, and I swim at least an hour every day. How many calories does this burn? PS: I don't always swim laps, sometimes just flips or handstands or something. Also- I'm 13, if that makes a difference...
- A: It really depends, you can find out on this site ...http://www.self.com/fitness/activity/calculators/swimmingHope this helped!
- How many calories does 1 hr of swimming burn?
- Q: I've been told many different things, and usually when i go to the gym I will swim (usually freestyle with other strokes randomly thrown in) for about an hour. How many calories on average does that burn?
- A: For those weighing 150 to 180 pounds, over 300 calories can be burned.
Prev Question: Why can't I lose weight
People also view