How many calories do you burn by riding a bike for 30 minutes
It depends on how much you weigh. But, for a 145 pound person, riding a bike burns 276 calories. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-do-you-burn-by-riding-a-bike-for-30-minutes ]
More Answers to "How many calories do you burn by riding a bike for 30 minutes"
- I am no expoert but I think It depends on alot of things, speed, resistance, your weight,
- 150 Edit: The answer is close to correct for a person your size cycling at about 10 mph on a fairly flat course. If you weighed 150 and were running at 20 mph, then it would be about 350 for 30 minutes.
- Theres no possible way only 30 minutes of bike riding burns 400-500 calories. For a person weighing about 130 pounds you burn about 350 calories per HOUR. But it all depends on what speed you were going and how hard your heart was working.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories do you burn riding a bike for 30 minutes?
- Q: I have been going to ride a bike at the local center, and in 35 minutes, I usually do 6 miles, + or - a tenth or 2, and it shows that burns less than 200 calories. I do not know the speed I was riding on the bike at the center, because it showed in "levels" instead of mph. I bought a new exercise bike, and rode it for the first time this morning. I rode it 30 minutes, at about an average of 22mph, and a distance of 11.5 miles, and it showed I burned 500 calories. Does that seem realistic? I wouldn't think there would be that much of a difference in the calculations of the 2 bikes. I can tell there is a difference in the difficulty of the 2 bikes, and it seems that I pedal this one a little faster, but it still seems a little harder. The bikes are both dual action, where you pump the handles back and forth while you pedal. Thanks.
- A: Every body is different I could burn more calories than you in the same situation, if you really want to know then go have a test done and then you will know.
- How many calories do you burn when riding a bike for 30 minutes?
- Q: I'm a girl, I'm 5'3, and I weigh 104lbs! someone pleeeease tell my the calories I burned.
- A: 150Edit: The answer is close to correct for a person your size cycling at about 10 mph on a fairly flat course. If you weighed 150 and were running at 20 mph, then it would be about 350 for 30 minutes.
- how many calories does riding a bike for 30 mins. burn?what about running?
- Q: if i rode a bike for 30 minutes,how many calories would it burn?how many calories does running a mile burn?or 30 minutes?
- A: Depends on sex, age, weight. Get a heart rate monitor to know for sure(I recommend from personal experience the Polar F11). There are lots of websites that will estimate it for you but they can;t know how hard you are working while exercising. I can walk leasurly for 30 minutes or walk briskly for 30 minutes up hill and I will burn a lot more calories in the same amount of time.
Prev Question: How many times a week should I work out my abs
People also view