How do you break down your muscles
When muscle is damaged, a protein pigment called myoglobin is released into the bloodstream and filtered out of the body by MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-break-down-your-muscles ]
More Answers to "How do you break down your muscles"
- How Muscles Break Down
- No matter how old you are, your muscle tissue--like all other tissues--continuously breaks down. But like other tissues, it can be built back up. When you're young, that rebuilding comes naturally with the general activity of life, and it's...
- Is it true that your muscles have to break down before they build...?
- If you are not eating enough protein and calories your muscles are not going to be able to increase in size and strength.. A proper diet is necessary to increase muscles.. Your muscles do not break down before getting stronger what happens ...
- How long does is take for muscles to begin to break down after in...?
- Firstly, muscles dont really break down. They just get weaker. Secondly,Always remember your body need to rest and need to repair and grow. It's a must to give your body 48 hours rest because it takes 48 hours for growth and repair unless y...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- when you run you break down your leg muscles right? They get bigger next day? become more lean muscles?
- Q: i have runners knee so i do leg extensionsbut whats the point if i just break my muscles down again?
- A: When you work any muscle, you create tiny tears in the muscle, microscopic in size. Over the course of a day or two or three, the muscle rebuilds itself, and becomes stronger.The muscle, when running, doesn't necessarily become stronger. It loses some of the fat around it, and it gets stronger, thus it is considered lean muscle.The problem with your thinking is that the muscle isn't broken down, not taken apart. Small tears are created, and repaired.
- Biceps - do I need to lift weights only once every 2 days to let the muscles break down and rebuild?
- Q: I've gotten into lifting free weights, but I have heard that you should let a day pass in-between each time you lift in order to let the broken-down muscle rebuild itself. Is this true?Also, when do you know when it is time to boost the amount of weight up a notch, and what increments should I do it in?Thanks.
- A: YES!!! Give your biceps at least a day to repair the tissue...You boost the weight when it gets to easy, usually increments of 5..P.S. Dont lift the maximum amount, lift what you can correctly so as you make sure you concentrate on the bicep and not your backDo concentration curls!!!
- Will your body break down your muscles on a low calorie diet if you eat a lot of protein?
- Q: People always say that you will lose muscle if you eat under 1000 calories a day, but I heard this was because you most likely won't be getting enough protein and so your body has to break down muscle to get the rest of this protein. What would happen if I ate about 700 calories a day, but got all of my nutrients (with the help of a multivitamin and 1 slimfast a day) and got my recommended daily protein allowance (about 70 grams). I've planned out meals and it looks as though I'd end up with roughly 70 grams of protein a day, 75 grams of carbs a day and less than 20 grams of fat a day. Because I'm eating a high protein, low/moderate carb, low fat diet and getting all my nutrients, would my body still break down muscle. I would also be doing 1 and 1/2 hours of cardio a day and 30 minutes of weight training 3 times a week. BTW, I tried eating like this today to see how I would feel and I felt completely full all day, I think because I was eating so much protein and fiber. Also, if I do this, how much weight would I lose in 1 month? Thanks.
- A: That is a very extreme diet and you would be losing 9500 calories a week based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Of course, doing 1 and a half hours of exercise daily will probably burn you another 500-1000 calories daily depending on the intensity, and to that 30 minutes of weight training 3 times a week. You would be losing just over 2 and a half pounds a week, which is not recommended. The maximum healthy weight loss is a pound a week, and I can't imagine how you would feel full with just 700 calories especially with that amount of exercise. Just because your eating lost of protein does not mean that you will not lose muscle. Having such a low-cal diet with low carbohydrate percentage will force your body to recruit energy from the ingested protein you are eating, so instead of having the carbs as the energy source you now have the protein acting as the energy source. This means that some of the 70g of protein you are eating each day will be used for energy, so you will no longer be getting the RDA for protein. Hence, your body will break down muscle in the lack of carbs and fat. I highly suggest that you not follow this diet because it is very unhealthy.
Prev Question: What is the fastest way to get toned
People also view