Do you burn more calories running or walking 1 mile
You burn a few more calories running a mile than walking a mile. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-you-burn-more-calories-running-or-walking-1-mile ]
More Answers to "Do you burn more calories running or walking 1 mile"
- Does walking a mile burn the same amount of calories as running o...?
- it is not whether you choose to run or walk that will determine how many calories you burned...it will depend on how far you go. If you choose to walk a mile or run a mile you are carrying the same load over the same distance. Work, in this...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how many calories does running 1 mile burn?
- Q: I'm quite fit - I can manage 6 laps of a rugby pitch without walking any, etc and I do aerobics (don't know if that makes any difference than if it was an unfit person running it).....So, how many calories on average would I burn by running a mile?
- A: it depends on how long it takes you to run 1 mile and how much you weigh...burning calories is all about heart rate, the more and faster your heart beats, the more calories you are burning...for general ideas though...One thing that works for me is: before I eat, I drink a large glass of water, then if I'm still hungry, I won't eat as much as I would have.It's better to eat 5-6 small meals than 2 or 3 regular meals each day.also, fyi:1 pound = 3500 calories.If you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight.ie, if you eat 2000 calories per day and burn 2500, you will lose 1 pound every week.the average person burns 1000-1500 calories per day, just being alive.power walking can burn 200-500 calories per hour.exercise bike can burn 200-600 calories per hour.swimming can burn 100-800 calories per hour.jogging/running can burn 300-1200 calories per hour.Also, try not to eat within 3-4 hours of going to sleep.*********VERY IMPORTANT************when trying to lose weight, very important to drink lots and lots of water ! ! ! You should drink at least 10 glasses per day, like 1 glass every hour !This helps your body get rid of the fat when you are burning calories.
- is it true that it burns as many calories to walk 1 mile as it does to run 1 mile?
- Q: I heard it and it was very interesting, Id just like to know if its true?Cheers guys.
- A: Nope, not true. You use more energy by moving quickly, so lose more calories. That's why you wouldn't feel tired after a mile ling walk, but would after a run.
- Do I burn the same amount of calories if I walk 1 mile or if I run 1 mile?
- A: No way.Your heart rate does does not increase as much when walking as opposed to running. Check our this chart http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist4.htmWalking an hour burns 207 calories (depending on your weight) Jogging an hour burns 413 caloriesHope this helps
Prev Question: Which burns more calories, running a mile or walking a mile
People also view