What is hard cider
Hard Cider is alcoholic drink from fermented cider, Thanks for using ChaCha! Have a Great day! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-hard-cider ]
More Answers to "What is hard cider"
- What is in hard cider?
- Hard Cider is fermented Apple or Pear juice that is lower in alcohol than wine, It is in the same category as beer, in that it is the same alcohol level. Cider is often the drink of choice for those who are allergic to gluten.
- How to Make Hard Cider
- ･ 1 Prepare equipment. Clean and sterilize the glass jars, lids, saucepan and spoon. ･ 2 Heat the apple juice. Pour all the juice into a saucepan and heat on medium for forty-five minutes... ･ 3 Pour half the mixture into a glass jar. You w...
- How to Make Hard Apple Cider
- ･ 1 It can be simple or hard to make your own hard cider. If you want to make it completly yourself, you... ･ 2 If you want to create it the easier ( but not 100% effective) way, Purchase cider that has no preservatives... ･ 3 This usually ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What's the difference between hard cider & applejack in terms of taste/alcohol content? How to make applejack?
- Q: How can I make applejack out of homemade hard cider? I've heard it can be refrigerated, but I've not heard how to go aobut doing this.
- A: hard cider is fermented apples, approximately 5% abv, applejack is distilled, like 40%. you cant make applejack, there is a cocktail called applejack, jack daniels and apple liqueur.
- How do you brew hard cider?
- Q: I am looking for instruction and suggestions for ways to brew hard cider. This should include Equipment needed and Recipies. Bonus points if it also included suggestions about what type of juice/cider to use for the base. Book suggestions are welcome if you have actually read them and know they are good.
- A: Greetings. hard cider is simply cider that has been fermented with yeast. preferable beer yeast or wine yeast, and not bakers yeast which tends to give a alcohol that gives one hangovers. Just get one of the 5 gallon plastic bucket fermenters with a bubbler on top to keep contamination out. Boil your cider to kill any wild yeast in it and when it is cooled off in the plastic fermentation bucket add the yeast. put water in the bubbler to seal the container and let her set and bubble away until it stops. If you want hard cider it would pay you to get a sugar hydrometer to check your sugar level in your cider. add corn sugar or granulated sugar or Karo syrup to get a high enough sugar content and use wine yeast. you can get up to 20 some % alcohol that way in your cider. have fun with it. Making wine, which is what hard cider is, is legal up to 200 gallons a year per adult in the home. You are also allowed up to 200 gallons of beer per adult as well. And no permit needed for either. and up to 1/10th acre of tobacco plants to so you can grow your own smokes to use when you drink. which is why bars used to always look like they were fog bound inside. Lot of books available on wine making and beer making, you should have no trouble finding some suitable for you. Not that you actually need them. just need cider, sugar, yeast and a sealable container to let the yeast digest the sugar in and give off alcohol, that is kept pure by the bubbler that prevents wild yeast from getting in your fermenter. Have fun with it.
- Where can I buy hard cider in the Philadelphia area?
- Q: After some hands-on research, I've determined I like hard apple cider better than beer. A few years ago, I could go to my nearby State Store and buy a (dusty) 4-pack of K they had in the corner. Now I can't even do that as the accursed place no longer sells it. Does anyone know of a place within a 20-30 mile radius of Philadelphia where I can buy some?
- A: Try the Reading Terminal Market at 12th and Arch Sts. It is open Mon-Sat, 8:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sundays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Prev Question: Are brownies cakes or cookies
People also view