How was gatorade invented
Gatorade was invented in 1965. The researchers' goal was to help the Florida players survive playing in swamp-like heat. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-was-gatorade-invented ]
More Answers to "How was gatorade invented"
- When was gatorade invented
- It was developed in the mid '60's by doctors at the University of Florida for their football team--the Gators
- Who invented gatorade
- Gatorade inventor Dr. Robert Cade
- Where was gatorade invented
- Gatorade was invented in Gainesville, FL, at the University of Florida, just as the commercial claims
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What did baseball players drink during the game before Gatorade was invented?
- Q: Water only? Apple juice?
- A: During the game water was the drink of choice, but certainly after the game players often made other decisions, sometimes the stuff that legends are made out of.Incidentally, Gatorade was the invention of the University of Florida (team name Gators) football coach who wanted to better refresh and rehydrate his players. This was at a time when some teams thought that the way to go was to deny players water after they sweat. It took the death of at least one player to sway that mentality. Research has shown that Gatorade is effective when exertion is extreme, but has little benefit under lesser conditions. On the other hand, it has no ill effect, and if it works on your psyche, go for it.
- Who invented gatorade?
- A: Gatorade was created by Dr. Robert Cade at the University of Florida in 1965 for the school’s football team and named after the university’s mascot, the Gators. Cade entered into an agreement with the Indianapolis-based fruit and vegetable canning company Stokely-Van Camp, Inc. (S-VC) to produce the product, which he had already patented. In 1973 Cade and S-VC settled a lawsuit with the University of Florida, which had claimed the University owned the rights for the drink's formula. Since that time the University has received more than US $80 million in Gatorade royalties.Only a year after its commercial introduction Gatorade was reformulated, as its initial recipe contained the sweetener cyclamate, which was banned by the FDA.The Gators football team, at the behest of head coach Ray Graves, began using Gatorade officially in 1967 and went on to win their first Orange Bowl title. They beat the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, whose coach Bud Carson, when asked why they lost, replied: "We didn’t have Gatorade. That made the difference." Through his friendship with Graves, Hank Stram, head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, secured large amounts of Gatorade for his players; the Chiefs attributed their Super Bowl title of the 1969 season to the University of Florida sports drink.
- When was gatorade invented?
- A: 1967 by coaching staff at university of fla.to keep football players hydrated during practice in the fla heat.
Prev Question: What is a 5th in alcohol
People also view