Why do you pee so much when you drink alcohol
Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning it removes water from your body, causing you to dehydrate. This is also the reason for hangovers. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-you-pee-so-much-when-you-drink-alcohol ]
More Answers to "Why do you pee so much when you drink alcohol"
- Why do I have to pee so much when I drink alcohol??
- Alcohol is a diuretic--the overabundant urge to urinate while drinking is caused by the alcohol's diuretic properties. Specifically, alcohol causes your body to expel water. Since your body is persistently excreting more water than is inges...
- Why do we pee so much when we drink alcohol?
- Alcohol is a diuretic. It collects and removes water from your body, which is why you become dehydrated after lots of heavy drinking.
- IS there anything you can do to not have to pee so much when you ...?
- your liveer is working twice as hard when you drink that is why poeple who drink have liver problems and actually my boyfirednis an alcholholc and he said in these meeting he goes to that they said alchohol is worse for your body than heroi...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why do i always have to pee so much whenever i drink alcohol?
- Q: whenever i drink alcohol i have to pee every 10 minutesthe other night i had a few beers and i had to go to the bathroom like all the time! whyy??
- A: Alcohol is a diuretic. This means it stimulates urination.
- Why do I pee my pants when I drink alcohol ?
- Q: For the past few years now everytime i get a little too intoxicated i get sleepy and go to bed.. when i wake up my pants are always drenched because i pee my pants when i drink and pass out.. Is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening other than stop drinking altogether ? Or can anyone tell me why this happens in the first place ?
- A: Actually i know some people that do this also.... I really think it is because you are in such a deep sleep your body doesnt realize you have to go, so you just do.
- Why do we pee so much when we drink alcohol? ?
- Q: It may only be 600mls been drunk, but then feel I have pee'd about 2000mls!
- A: Alcohol is a diuretic. It collects and removes water from your body, which is why you become dehydrated after lots of heavy drinking.
Prev Question: Are cigarettes good for you in any way
People also view