What does meth do to your brain
If you keep taking Meth, you will potentially lose your ability to experience pleasure. Meaning nothing would make you feel happy. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-meth-do-to-your-brain ]
More Answers to "What does meth do to your brain"
- How Does Methamphetamine Affect the Brain?
- Methamphetamine increases the release and blocks the reuptake of the brain chemical (or neurotransmitter) dopamine, leading to high levels of the chemical in the brain, a common mechanism of action for most drugs of abuse. Dopamine is invol...
- WHAT DOES METHAMPHETAMINE DO TO THE BRAIN?
- In animals, methamphetamine has been shown to damage nerve terminals in the dopamine- and serotonin-containing regions of the brain. Similarly, studies of methamphetamine abusers have demonstrated significant alterations in the activity of ...
- Does smoking crystal meth make your brain bleed??
- Generally speaking no. The high is caused because the drug increases level of the chemical dopamine in the brain. Perhaps with an acute overdose the brain would bleed. I'm not sure. It would be a very serious adverse reaction, if not fatal ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- after using meth does your brain recover from the brain damage?
- Q: My ex boyfriend has been on meth for about 4 years and looks absolutely terrible, but whats worse is I'm sure he has some brain damage due to the amount he has used. I am worried that he will never recover even if he stops using. Do you think his brain can recover from Meth use. I will never see him again romanticly but would like to know if he will ever be the way he used to be before all the drugs? Please help
- A: I heard once damage is dealt within the brain, it cannot go back to normal... What's done is done. The brain and heart are the only two organs in t he body (i believe) that do not repair themselves.I could be wrong.I hope I helped...
- What kind of damage does meth do to your brain?
- Q: I heard it melts something in your brain, is that true?
- A: Meth initially sends a message to the pleasure center in your brain. When you first use Meth, you might feel alert, full of energy and self-confident. Your brain is releasing dopamine - a brain chemical that carries messages between brain cells. Dopamine is associated with feelings of pleasure, usually after food or sex. Hours after taking Meth, your brain cells release an enzyme that stops the dopamine flow. If you keep taking Meth, you will potentially lose your ability to experience pleasure.Continued use of Meth does more than destroy a person's ability to experience pleasure naturally. Chronic use can create a tolerance for the drug, leading a person to try to intensify the desired effects by taking increasingly higher doses, taking it more frequently or changing their method of getting high. To support their habit, Meth users often participate in spur-of-the-moment crimes such as burglaries. Under the influence of Meth, people become agitated and feel wired. Their behavior becomes unpredictable from moment to moment. They may start doing the same thing over and over, like taking apart and reassembling bits of machinery, or continuously picking at imaginary bugs under their skin.
- does smoking crystal meth make your brain bleed?
- A: Generally speaking no. The high is caused because the drug increases level of the chemical dopamine in the brain. Perhaps with an acute overdose the brain would bleed. I'm not sure. It would be a very serious adverse reaction, if not fatal overdose.
Prev Question: What kind of tobacco is hookah
People also view