How much oxycontin does it take to overdose
The overdose amount of Oxycontin varies depending on the individual. If you suspect an overdose seek medical help immediately. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-oxycontin-does-it-take-to-overdose ]
More Answers to "How much oxycontin does it take to overdose"
- How much Oxycontin can you take before overdosing? What's Oxycont...?
- Oxycodone/oxycontin is quite difficult to overdose on, actually. It becomes very easy to die from if you combine it with other drugs, though I don't know why you would. It's a really hard painkiller, very strong. I've tried it in combinatio...
- How much Oxycodone does it take to overdose?
- 5mg wont do anything, if its someones first time and they dont have tolerance to it 25 mgs might do it, or the body might just reject it (throwing up)
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many pills of oxycontin does it take to overdose?
- Q: my friend passed away thursday from an overdose im wondering how many pills it can take a man in his 20s about 160lbs to overdose
- A: quite a bit. I've had friends die from oxycontin, but it's been because they've mixed it with stuff like xanax, both in high dosages. If he had a high tolerance (been taking the stuff for a while), he would probably start overdosing around 120-160 mg (which can break down into 3-4 40mg oxys). This could have been higher or lower, of course taken at one time. When I took oxycontin, I could take 120-160mg a day, but not at one sitting. That would be broken down into 4 or 5 uses. I was 115 lbs though, so it varies. Sorry bout ur loss.
- What Exactly Does a Person's Body Go Through When They Overdose on OxyContin?
- Q: A friend of mind just died this past weekend due to an overdose of OxyContin. He was only 16. I've read a little online about the symptoms of OxyContin overdose, but I still don't understand exactly what happens to the body when it overdoses and what actually causes death. I'm extremely upset about this, I just attended the viewing this afternoon and I just stood there looking at his body, trying to figure out how he died because he truly looked like nothing could have even killed him. He just looked like normal. I was hoping maybe someone that knows a little about OxyContin and drug overdose could help me out. I'd just like to know what killed him. There are a lot of rumors floating around about what took place but I'd like to hear it from someone unrelated to this so that maybe I can figure out what he went through before he died. Thanks for your time.
- A: I'm sorry to hear about your friend; it's a shame. OxyContin is an opiate drug, a narcotic 'painkiller' related to morphine. The active ingredient in OxyContin is called oxycodone, the same stuff found in Percocet. Anyways, like all opiate narcotic drugs, it depresses (slows down) your Central Nervous System, which is comprised of your brain and spinal cord. There's a place in your brain called the medulla oblongata, which controls many homeostatic functions, including breathing, heart and blood vessel activity, swallowing, digestion, and vomiting. In addition to affecting other parts of the brain, opiates also affect this part, slowing down breathing and heart rate, which usually kills the victim of an overdose. Basically, your friend went into a coma due to the drug's depressant effects on the brain, and his breathing and heart rate slowed down until it completely stopped. It was more than likely a painless death: he slowly fell into a stupor and drifted away. I'm sure he's in a much better place, so don't worry; just know that his death was probably a painless one. Take care.
- How many Oxycontin would it take for me to overdose if i chew them?
- Q: i am 5'8 and weigh 147lbsim not tryin to kill myself im just tryin to know so i can be a bit more careful
- A: depends on the milligram,and you don't need to chew them to get them in the blood stream quicker,that's all farce,they will get there,just take them with water.They come in 5,10 20,30,40,and 80 milligram,anything over 20-30 milligrams will probably having you puking your guts out like a heroin junkie,every 2 hours for hours.I am exactly the same height as you,but have about 25 more pounds on me,I accidentally took a 40 milligram that a friend gave me thinking it was a 20 and I couldn't even get my arz off the porch and every time I moved I puked.Unless you have a good reason to take them,they are synthetic heroin and 9 times out of 10 will make a junkie out of the most unsuspecting user.There are other pain killers that work better for pain and don't make you all groggy.If you think you may even have an inkling of an addiction problem,and even if you don't you should really stay away from oxy,I have seen it take alot of people down a destructive path,real quick.
Prev Question: What happens when mixing acid and ecstasy
People also view