Home > Health > Drugs >

How does alcohol leave the body

Health related question in topics Addiction Drug Abuse .We found some answers as below for this question "How does alcohol leave the body",you can compare them.

Approximately 90% of alcohol is broken down, or metabolized, in the body primarily by the liver and in the stomach lining. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-does-alcohol-leave-the-body ]
More Answers to "How does alcohol leave the body"
How does alcohol leave the body?
http://www.uc.edu/news/NR.asp?id=9357
90% of the alcohol you consume is removed form the bloodstream by a process called oxidation, which occurs in the liver. The other 10% leaves the body through urine and perspiration. Alcohol leaves the body at a rate of about one drink per ...
How Long Does It Take For Alcohol To Leave The Body??
http://www.blurtit.com/q5904132.html
It usually takes about 12 hours but i would drink plenty of water as well!
Does Drinking Water Help Alcohol Leave The Body?
http://www.blurtit.com/q5096830.html
That's right, most of the alcohol doesn't leave the body it's broken down to sugar in the liver. That's why alcohol consumption results in weight gain and eventually cirrhosis of the liver. Drinking water will make the kidneys work harder a...

Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers

How long does it take Alcohol to leave the body completly?
Q: If i drank last night....will the alcohol be out of my body by tomorrow? Does it help that im trying to drink a lot of extra water?
A: The length of time after you finish drinking alcohol that it will still be in your system depends on how much you drank and the period of time in consideration. Generally speaking, people metabolize alcohol at the rate of 1/2 to 3/4ounce per hour (that's half an ounce of absolute alcohol -- or one "standard" drink) -- roughly equivalent to: 12 ounces of beer, 10 ounces of microbrew, 1-1/4 ounces of 80-proof liquor or 4 ounces of wine. Therefore, if you consume three standard drinks -- regardless of how long it took you to drink them -- it would take you three hours to be completely free of alcohol. This should hopefully make it apparent that alcohol builds up in your body over time because the liver can only metabolize one an hour.
how long does it take for alcohol toxins to leave the body?
Q: i know alcohol by itself is a toxin for the body, but when consumed i was wondering how long it takes to leave the system....including when the brain fog clears, slow reaction timing, etc.... or are those just after effects that vary from person to person.Its an hour for 1 drink for most people but there is always the after effects that you can feel for hours later. Im not sure if its because the toxins are still in the body. So if it is the toxins, does anyone know how long it might take to fully leave the system...
A: the process varies per individual as each persons metablism is different.
On average, how long does it take for alcohol to leave the body?
Q: Even if you didn't drink a full glass, maybe 6 fl Oz. Also if its your first beer and you have a fast metabolism.
A: 1 unit of alcohol (1/2 pint of normal strength beer) is broken down by the liver enzymes in an hour. If you only have 1 beer it stands to reason that after 3 hours the alcohol should have been broken down.
TOP


Prev Question: What does alcohol do to your body
Next Question:

People also view
  • How does alcohol leave the body
  • What does alcohol do to your body
  • What are the negative effects of shrooms
  • What is hash? From marijuana
  • What are the effects of using steroids
  • What are some of the dangers of ecstasy
  • How long does it take to get test result from a drug test for probation
  • How many people smoke pot in america
  • Does smoking make you lose or gain weight
  • Where did 420 come from