Can you be addicted to chewing gum
You can certainly become psychologically addicted to chewing gum, particularly if you use it to relieve stress or replace smoking. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-be-addicted-to-chewing-gum ]
More Answers to "Can you be addicted to chewing gum"
- Am i Addicted to chewing gum?
- No....2 to 5 pieces doesn't sound like very much to me. It's considered good for your teeth and mouth to chew gum after meals because it helps clean the mouth of residual food. BUT, some people have a sensitivity to the fake sugar that is p...
- Is it possible to get addicted to chewing gum?
- Do you chew sugarfree gum, or gum that has sugar in it? ･ 1) If it has sugar in it, your body is probably just trying to get some calories (since you said you ... ･ 2) If it is sugarless, you might just be going through the motions (of che...
- Is it possible to say that I am addicted to chewing gum?
- Its not overly dangerous, but if you are really concerned, see your doctor or pediatrician about it. However, be careful of "sugarfree" gum, it usually contains an additive called sorbitol, which hospitals use as a laxative, to in...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is anyone addicted to chewing gum as much as me?
- Q: I really am a chewing gum addict!I have at least 4 or 5 a day, as it helps me concentrate (as well as make my breath better) lolNo, i don't experience laxative effects..LOL!I was just curious to see if anyone is as addicted as i am?
- A: YES! I am worse than you... I quit smoking three years ago and substituted nicotine gum. After two years of that, I had to quit that rather expensive habit, and switched to Trident. Now I chew 8-12 pieces a day of Trident gum, and if I don't have a piece in my mouth, I get anxious!...And this gum has absolutely no addictive substance in it...but I don't know how I would function without it.
- Is it possible to be addicted to chewing gum?
- Q: If it is, i think im addicted... When i have gum and all the flavor is gone the urge for another piece is incredible. This leads to me chewing an 18 pack of triedent watermelon twist in 20-30 minutes if I have the pack near me. It seems While im chewing gum im highly addicted to it and after i stop chewing for alike a day or 2 im fine. Also, gum makes me more hyper/jumpy and helped me calm down during a panic attack(i only had 1). One time i bought 30 packs of gum with 10 in each. It seems like it would last longer...but now, since im only addicted in the middle of it and i feel i need more When the flavor wheres off so i have like 5 packs at once. Is it true to say i am addicted to gum? Also after i stopped chewing gum i felt the need to move my teeth up and down so they hit each other like just banging my teeh together, but i think that was cuz of the panic attack i had(i had like a 3 day after effect). Am i addicted?
- A: it must be, since I'm addicted to it as well. I finished a whole pack of either Raspberry , Lemon-lime, or orange Orbits. and it is one after one. But I've been like this since I was 13 years old.
- is it possible to get addicted to chewing gum?
- Q: i get up at about 7 am for school,and i go to bed at 11-12 pm for bed.aside from when i eat (rarely, i'm anorexic) i'm chewing gum.so basically 24/7, i go through a pack a day basically.i've tried to quit but can't.is gum like smoking, am i actually addicted?
- A: Do you chew sugarfree gum, or gum that has sugar in it? 1) If it has sugar in it, your body is probably just trying to get some calories (since you said you don't hardly eat). 2) If it is sugarless, you might just be going through the motions (of chewing) to replace eating - I guess kind of making you feel like you've eaten, when you really have only been chewing gum. I don't think it could be a true addiction, because there is nothing in gum that would be considered a "drug" (such as nicotine, or even caffeine). My guess is one of the two reasons I gave that you might be chewing so much.
Prev Question: Can you get thc in your system from second hand marijuana smoke
People also view