Can alcohol lower your immune system
Yes. Alcohol harms the immune system by creating a nutritional deficiency and reducing the effectiveness of white blood cells. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-alcohol-lower-your-immune-system ]
More Answers to "Can alcohol lower your immune system"
- Does drinking alcohol lower your immune system?
- You were probably infected with something before you ever went drinking. There is an incubation period on colds, the flu and most other illnesses. If you were around an infected person, they could possibly infect you, but you would not deve...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does drinking alcohol lower your immune system? ?
- Q: Twice lately I have had a night out, suffered from a hangover the next day and then suffered flu like symptoms, shivering, sweating, sore throat, blocked nose and generally feeling miserable for the following week. Could this be from the alcohol or could it be something more serious? I also have polysystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) could this be a factor?
- A: You were probably infected with something before you ever went drinking. There is an incubation period on colds, the flu and most other illnesses. If you were around an infected person, they could possibly infect you, but you would not develop the cold or what ever, for a few days to 10 days. Yes, if you drink all of the time, it can lower your resistance to germs and virus. I doubt if your pcos had anything to do with it.....
- Does drinking lower your immune system?
- Q: I have a friend that drinks and parties every weekend...and she seems to get sick with the flu ALOT! any virus that goes around she usually gets it. Could this be from the alcohol? does it lower the immune system if you drink every weekend?
- A: Tell your friend to do the following:-To drink in moderation two drinks maximum -i.e. 40ml of hard liquor in divided doses along with food or after food. (It looks like medical prescription and not calling it a nice time, still when you complain you have to follow it or you asked for it)--Drink lot of water before and after drink. He or she, your friend, can dilute the drink by adding water.-Don’t use medicines along with drink either immediately before or after drinks that potentates the drink or makes it toxic. Let her or him consult a doctor.Some people cannot tolerate drinks and it is better for them to avoid completely.Your friend can have nice time in any alternative pursuits that gives equal pleasure to spend the weekend.
- Would it be bad to drink alcohol if my immune system is low?
- Q: Im pretty sure my immune system is low due to stress. would it be bad to drink some alcohol if this is so. im not planning on getting drunk just enough to feel good you know. would this be bad.my stress is not that bad anymore and i feel pretty normal right now. i am getting alot better. but i dont want the alcohol to make things worse.
- A: Wait until you are better. You should take vitamin C twice a day and take a probiotic (acidophilis). You will feel better eventually, try light exercise in the meantime.
Prev Question: What is the point in getting high
People also view